FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   U.K. and Ireland (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland-484/)
-   -   any way to check who my car is insured with? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-ireland/1650470-any-way-check-who-my-car-insured.html)

Stewie Mac Jan 29, 2015 8:12 am

any way to check who my car is insured with?

Afternoon,

[senior moment]
I can't remember who I insured the car with.

I've checked here and confirmed that it is in fact insured (phew!) but can't find any paperwork... I think probably I ticked a box to decline a hardcopy certificate to save myself two quid, but can't find the email which doubtless came confirming the policy details.

Does anyone know a way to find out who the car is insured with?

thanks
[/senior moment]

UKtravelbear Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

Check your Bank / credit card statements?

You must have paid them!

You could also search your email account using 'insurance' as the criteria

Stewie Mac Jan 30, 2015 4:58 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 24257492)
Check your Bank / credit card statements?

You must have paid them!

You could also search your email account using 'insurance' as the criteria

Aha - credit card statement! Sounds like a plan. Thanks
[have already tried searching email, but can't even remember which of about 7 mail addresses I might have used...]

MAN Pax Jan 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Next job - use gmail as a client and pull all of your email into a single, searchable, account.

Oxon Flyer Jan 30, 2015 3:44 pm

I suspect the answer is 'Saga'.

:p

lhrsfo Jan 31, 2015 7:49 am

I'm sure they'll issue a reminder when it comes time to pay them some more money.

Silver Fox Jan 31, 2015 8:05 am

confused.com :)

HIDDY Jan 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Calm down dear.

Silver Fox Feb 1, 2015 2:10 am

Did you save money on your car insurance and now feel epic ?

IAN-UK Feb 1, 2015 3:36 am

Don't make fun of the OP ! I have done exactly the same thing with insurance :D

Each year I shift insurers to avoid the price-hike inertia brings with it, and to gain any advantage to new clients. It takes careful filing to avoid muddle....

Jenbel Feb 4, 2015 12:17 am

Originally Posted by lhrsfo (Post 24267109)
I'm sure they'll issue a reminder when it comes time to pay them some more money.

I'm pretty sure they won't - most insurance are set up to auto renew, and if the OP has asked for all comms to be electronic and no paper certificate....

Stewie Mac Feb 6, 2015 11:02 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 24270915)
Don't make fun of the OP ! I have done exactly the same thing with insurance :D

Each year I shift insurers to avoid the price-hike inertia brings with it, and to gain any advantage to new clients. It takes careful filing to avoid muddle....

OP here again - this is me exactly. Fortunately it turns out that Mrs Mac was in charge of filing, so the relevant paperwork has been found. esure, apparently.

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 24288511)
I'm pretty sure they won't - most insurance are set up to auto renew, and if the OP has asked for all comms to be electronic and no paper certificate....

I hate it when they do that!

HIDDY Feb 7, 2015 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 24303260)
Fortunately it turns out that Mrs Mac was in charge of filing, so the relevant paperwork has been found. esure, apparently.

Well I did tell you.

stifle Feb 11, 2015 1:05 am

The French/Irish/etc. system of having a little paper insurance certificate to be displayed on your windscreen would have solved things rather quicker ��

Silver Fox Feb 11, 2015 3:46 am

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 24328703)
The French/Irish/etc. system of having a little paper insurance certificate to be displayed on your windscreen would have solved things rather quicker ��

No, he has reached that age where he really needs to write things down :) ....comes to us all, comes to us all.....................