Wiki Posts
Search

London to Gatwick - wee hours 1st January

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Indeed. Pity the OP isn't travelling in the wee small hours of Dec 25, otherwise this service would have been perfect.
I suspect the published data for this service is rather misleading. For Santa to be able to do his job I imagine that time/space relativity and other dimensions come into play. So, working on Kip Thorne's example in Interstellar that whilst one hour plays out in one location, 7 years have passed in another, then the 2 minutes on the North Pole Express would actually be an 85 day journey for those of us travelling. On the upside, I would have a LOT of time to get 12 grapes chewed and swallowed during Big Ben's twelve chimes.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:41 pm
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Do also bear in mind that, by railway rules, a long distance train running 10 minutes behind schedule is not technically late. That gives a year's leeway, more or less.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stut
Do also bear in mind that, by railway rules, a long distance train running 10 minutes behind schedule is not technically late. That gives a year's leeway, more or less.
No chance of the buffet car releasing complimentary catering in that scenario then, poor Santa. A good reminder to leave out some brandy and a long lasting pie for tonight's visitor, seeing the sense now.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Train stopped at Blackfriars at Midnight so we saw the New Year in by the Thames with fireworks over St Pauls. Platforms were close to deserted. Once we continued there were some good long glimpses of the big show at the London Eye. Better than being at home. At the airport the little one made friends with some Italian students so we didn't check in until 4am (desks opened at 3am). We are now in the play area near the Costa. I doubt anyone would guess that the beaming child single handedly filling the entire space woke up on the 31st at 9:30am. I'm shattered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.