Reload this Page >

Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
The Registered Traveller Scheme is intended to allow easier entry for regular visitors to the UK.

The scheme is available for regular travelers to the UK who have a passport issued by

Africa
Botswana, Namibia, Seychelles.

Asia
Brunei, Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region passports only), Japan, Macao Special Administrative Region, Malaysia, Maldives, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (if your passport has a personal ID number on the photo page)

Europe
Andorra, Monaco, Vatican City State.

Middle East
Israel.

North America
Bahamas, Canada, Mexico, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, USA.

Oceania
Australia, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga.

South and Central America
Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay.

* Visited the UK 4 times in the previous 24 months as a Business visitor, General visitor, Member of a diplomatic mission, Academic visitor, Entertainment or sports visitor, In transit - passing through the UK, Parent of a child in a UK school or Medical visitor. This generally includes tourists.

* Hold a valid visa in the categories Tiers 1, 2, 4 or 5 (excluding Creative/Sporting concession), Indefinite Leave to Remain, Naturalisation, UK Ancestry, Family member or spouse/partner. Note that EEA family permits, discretionary leave and leave outside the rules are excluded.

The application cost is £70 of which £50 is refunded if the application is rejected. Renewal costs £50 each year and changes of document details cost £20.

Registered Travellers are able to use the faster entry lanes (generally EU lines) when going through the UK Border at Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Gatwick (special registered traveller line), Glasgow, Heathrow, London City, Luton, Manchester, Southend and Stansted airports (or, alternatively, the ePassport gates if they have a biometric passport; while the ePassport gates at LHR T3 & T4 are being renovated the FastTrak lines can be used or the EU lines can be used). You will not have to fill in a landing card. (you do still need to carry your visa or BRP (biometric residence permit))

In addition, Registered Travellers are able to go through the UK Border at the Brussels, Lille and Paris Eurostar terminals without having to fill in a landing card.

Registered Travellers who hold a UK visa will not have their fingerprints checked at the UK Border.

Registration link: https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller
Some extra information from Gatwick Airport is here.
Older terms and conditions of the initial trial are recorded in post 78.
Print Wikipost

Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by senor hamachi
If two family members are travelling together and one is a registered traveller but the other is not, does anyone know if can they both use the UK/EU lanes?
If they are non-EU/EEA passport holders, they'd need to use the non-EU/EEA queue.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Anyone received word on renewing--they did say October, if I recall.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by horse glasses
I also got the email from Global Entry. I've been in the UK twice in the last 52 weeks, so I'm guessing I shouldn't bother with this? I was just there a few weeks ago, so maybe that's why I'm getting the email? Interesting that the email doesn't contain the 4 visit requirement.
Right, I got the same email and have also been in the UK 2x in the past 52 weeks. I wonder if we are allowed to join (perhaps the requirements changed now?)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just got email for renewal, excellent! ^
Old Nov 4, 2015, 11:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Just got email for renewal, excellent! ^
Do you have to meet the 4x in 52 wks requirement for renewals?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by stanj
Do you have to meet the 4x in 52 wks requirement for renewals?
Wasn't mentioned, but I had to update my passport first, so must wait a few days to re-register. Of note, UK RT is being promoted to USA Global Entry holders, as well as GE being offered to all UK passport holders. Thinking that requirement (4x) might be going away...
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Wasn't mentioned, but I had to update my passport first, so must wait a few days to re-register. Of note, UK RT is being promoted to USA Global Entry holders, as well as GE being offered to all UK passport holders. Thinking that requirement (4x) might be going away...
That would be nice; however, the requirement is mentioned in CBP's own press release about the expansion of GE to UK citizens.

CBP Announces the Expansion of Global Entry to UK Citizens
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forgive me but if you're only entering the UK four times or fewer in a year, is it really worth bothering with this scheme?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
Forgive me but if you're only entering the UK four times or fewer in a year, is it really worth bothering with this scheme?
Too pricey for less than 4 times IMO.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I used the E-Gates with my US passport recently at BHX. Saved me from a huge line!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
It depends how you value your time.

I brought my 87 year old father with me on a trip to London and we had a 2 hour and 14 minute wait in line for passport control because he didn't want me to pay for a ticket that would have included FASTRACK.

I would have gladly paid the amount for RT to keep my Pop from standing in line. Heathrow's lines are legendary.

I have my RT card and have yet to use it, will I renew it? Of course I will

Steve

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by backdoc
will I renew it? Of course I will
+1 ^ (well, actually just had the renewal email and also approval within 1 working day so very quick but no change of passport or other conditions.)

It saved me a good long queue at LGW tonight as the EU queue was well over 100 people and even the non-EU queue was going to be about 20-30 minutes so was pleased as punch when I saw the registered traveller section with not a soul in it and was through in less than 2 minutes. ^^

For those using Gatwick North terminal, the RT queue is on the extreme left hand side of the immigration queues and is a straight, narrow corridor direct to the border control officer. This is truly Gatwick 'premium' and I only wish LHR would also introduce this feature.

Been through Bristol airport a few times in the last two months as well and have asked if they accept the RT card so I don't have to fill out the damn landing card but they aren't unfortunately. Hope that will change in the future.

The £ 50 renewal is money well spent in my case, appreciate others may feel otherwise. Saves me about 20 minutes minimum and up to 2 hours at times when I fly through London.

The renewal email links to the .gov website and remembers you so you can renew in two easy steps within a few minutes (mostly time to fill out payment details).
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
To each their own. I might be more willing to connect in the UK regularly if I didn't have to do 4x regular queues, first. Seems I always land at "screw you o'clock" when there aren't enough border agents and no Fast Track. It was 1+ hour last time.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:43 pm

Re-approved within a few days, including delay for new passport. So worth it for when Fast Track not available. I do need to show Border Force staff my new passport on next UK entry, which will be quite soon.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
To each their own. I might be more willing to connect in the UK regularly if I didn't have to do 4x regular queues, first. Seems I always land at "screw you o'clock" when there aren't enough border agents and no Fast Track. It was 1+ hour last time.
I agree. Each time I've been to LHR recently it's been well over an hour to get through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.