Reload this Page >

Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BotB
The Registered Traveller Scheme is intended to allow easier entry for regular visitors to the UK.

The scheme is available for regular travelers to the UK who have a passport issued by

Africa
Botswana, Namibia, Seychelles.

Asia
Brunei, Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region passports only), Japan, Macao Special Administrative Region, Malaysia, Maldives, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan (if your passport has a personal ID number on the photo page)

Europe
Andorra, Monaco, Vatican City State.

Middle East
Israel.

North America
Bahamas, Canada, Mexico, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, USA.

Oceania
Australia, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga.

South and Central America
Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay.

* Visited the UK 4 times in the previous 24 months as a Business visitor, General visitor, Member of a diplomatic mission, Academic visitor, Entertainment or sports visitor, In transit - passing through the UK, Parent of a child in a UK school or Medical visitor. This generally includes tourists.

* Hold a valid visa in the categories Tiers 1, 2, 4 or 5 (excluding Creative/Sporting concession), Indefinite Leave to Remain, Naturalisation, UK Ancestry, Family member or spouse/partner. Note that EEA family permits, discretionary leave and leave outside the rules are excluded.

The application cost is £70 of which £50 is refunded if the application is rejected. Renewal costs £50 each year and changes of document details cost £20.

Registered Travellers are able to use the faster entry lanes (generally EU lines) when going through the UK Border at Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Gatwick (special registered traveller line), Glasgow, Heathrow, London City, Luton, Manchester, Southend and Stansted airports (or, alternatively, the ePassport gates if they have a biometric passport; while the ePassport gates at LHR T3 & T4 are being renovated the FastTrak lines can be used or the EU lines can be used). You will not have to fill in a landing card. (you do still need to carry your visa or BRP (biometric residence permit))

In addition, Registered Travellers are able to go through the UK Border at the Brussels, Lille and Paris Eurostar terminals without having to fill in a landing card.

Registered Travellers who hold a UK visa will not have their fingerprints checked at the UK Border.

Registration link: https://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller
Some extra information from Gatwick Airport is here.
Older terms and conditions of the initial trial are recorded in post 78.
Print Wikipost

Registered Traveller Scheme - easier entry for regular visitors to the UK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey wait, I never got a card even though I am allegedly approved! Maybe it's because I am a US citizen and just get the electronic line privilege?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Hey wait, I never got a card even though I am allegedly approved! Maybe it's because I am a US citizen and just get the electronic line privilege?
If you got an approval email it means that you should go show that letter to the immigration officer who will then give you your card. Those instructions should be in your approval email.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:17 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
If you got an approval email it means that you should go show that letter to the immigration officer who will then give you your card. Those instructions should be in your approval email.
I got an approval letter, showed it to the immigration officer, and he said it was ok. So maybe I did get a card -- just checked. I did, never mind!
Old Oct 4, 2015, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Has anyone got approved without having visiting the UK four times a year?
I shouldn't think so. I happened to have exactly four visits but for some reason they couldn't find all four in their system, so I just had to send in a mix of passport stamp photos, frequent flyer statements, ticket copies (I didn't have legible proof of all four from a single source).

My e-mail said basically:
Before we can process your application to join the Registered Traveller Service we need to see evidence that you have travelled to the UK 4 times or more over the past 52 weeks.

At the moment we haven't been able to validate your travel history. This can happen for a number of reasons - for example, you may have been travelling on a different passport or have changed your name.

If you have evidence that you have travelled to the UK 4 times in the past 52 weeks please send this as an email attachment to ...

Proof of entry into the UK can fall into one or all of the following:

· A scan copy or photograph of your passport showing the stamps received when you entered the UK.
· Scan copies or photographs of tickets for journeys made into the UK.
· Copy emails of tickets for journeys made into the UK.
· A copy of any frequent flyer / loyalty travel programmes.

Once we receive confirmation that you have travelled to the UK at least four times in the last fifty two weeks, we will be pleased to give further consideration to your application.
From this I would conclude that with no evidence of four visits in 52-weeks the application will simply get rejected and you will lose your 20 quid.

Of course four visit requirement only exists for people who don't have a qualifying visa.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Question

I'm confused.

I just got this email. I assume it's because I'm Global Entry. I'm really not sure I've visited the UK 4x in the last 52 weeks. Maybe but questionable. If not, will I get rejected or is this email some sort of recognition that I'm already qualified?

Thanks

--------------------

You are receiving this message because you have been identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen enrolled in the Global Entry program. CBP would like to inform you that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller. Registered Traveller is a new service launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for nationals from the United States. You are eligible to apply for membership in the UK Registered Traveller service. Membership in Registered Traveller costs £70. Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.

Membership in Registered Traveller include the following benefits:
· Access to ePassport gates at airports across the country
· Use of the UK / European Union queue at airports across the country
· A dedicated Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick Airport
· Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK
· No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Registered Traveller is already proving popular with members, who have provided praises such as, “This is an excellent service, it is efficient, extremely well run and very effective. I would highly recommend this service,” and “Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy. Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”

You can apply for Registered Traveller online now at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Yes, unless you've been 4x you'll be rejected.

I got that email from GE yesterday.

I applied for RT on 8/16/15 and was approved 8/24/15 and then got my card at LHR the next week.

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
I'm confused.

I just got this email. I assume it's because I'm Global Entry. I'm really not sure I've visited the UK 4x in the last 52 weeks. Maybe but questionable. If not, will I get rejected or is this email some sort of recognition that I'm already qualified?

Thanks

--------------------

You are receiving this message because you have been identified by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a U.S. citizen enrolled in the Global Entry program. CBP would like to inform you that the United Kingdom now operates an expedited entry program called Registered Traveller. Registered Traveller is a new service launched by the UK Border Force to give faster and more convenient entry to the UK for nationals from the United States. You are eligible to apply for membership in the UK Registered Traveller service. Membership in Registered Traveller costs £70. Complete details of Registered Traveller eligibility and availability can be found online at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.

Membership in Registered Traveller include the following benefits:
· Access to ePassport gates at airports across the country
· Use of the UK / European Union queue at airports across the country
· A dedicated Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick Airport
· Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK
· No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Registered Traveller is already proving popular with members, who have provided praises such as, “This is an excellent service, it is efficient, extremely well run and very effective. I would highly recommend this service,” and “Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy. Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”

You can apply for Registered Traveller online now at http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 10:34 am

My wife got this e-mail and the website it links to indicates that 4 visits OR a visa are the requirements, not both. I'm tempted to apply for a UK visa (with a US passport) in order to qualify but not sure if I'm even able.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by djibouti
My wife got this e-mail and the website it links to indicates that 4 visits OR a visa are the requirements, not both. I'm tempted to apply for a UK visa (with a US passport) in order to qualify but not sure if I'm even able.
Usually you have to have a reason to apply/obtain a UK visa. I'm pretty sure you cannot "just get one."
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DCEsquire
“Well done Britain. Fast, secure, easy. Great service and timesaver, and remarkably easy to set up. Thanks to all the people who made this possible.”
As a Briton, for some reason I first read that as though it had been expressed in a bitter, sarcastic tone of utter disappointment broaching on disgust.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Silver
I also got the email from Global Entry. I've been in the UK twice in the last 52 weeks, so I'm guessing I shouldn't bother with this? I was just there a few weeks ago, so maybe that's why I'm getting the email? Interesting that the email doesn't contain the 4 visit requirement.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by horse glasses
I also got the email from Global Entry.
I am a member in NEXUS. I wonder if I will get a similar e-mail?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Does this traveler program give you an id card like global entry and nexus?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by hiima
Yes.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by hiima
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Yes.
Not exactly like the GE card (mine has my KTN and photo). The registered traveler card has spaces to hand write your name and RT#; no photo.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:53 pm

If two family members are travelling together and one is a registered traveller but the other is not, does anyone know if can they both use the UK/EU lanes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.