What to see in Wales

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to see in Wales

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2012, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite (waddya mean it's expired?), HHonours Gold, bunch of other stuff
What to see in Wales

We'll be in London in mid Sept, and plan to head north on or about Fri Sept 14 to see Wales and Scotland. Initial thoughts are to take a train from London to Wales, stay two nights, then by train to Edinburgh or some place else in Scotland where we will take a tour or rent a car.

Would be very grateful for suggestions on were to spend our time in Wales, and any hotel suggestions. We've never been to Wales, and would love to get a sense of the place.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, ANZ Gold, Hertz Gold
I recommend the Brecon Beacons or Snowdonia although you should get a car to get round there..
Old Aug 13, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Conwy Valley http://www.betws-y-coed.com/
Old Aug 13, 2012, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Mart81
I recommend the Brecon Beacons or Snowdonia although you should get a car to get round there..
Wales is great.

Feel the history.

Follow the swimstrokes of SharkSt. Go to Bangor and swim the Menai Strait. For real.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 5:05 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Stay out of Cardiff on a Friday or Saturday night, unless you are a war correspondent in training.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Wales has some great castles. Caerphilly Castle is my favourite and well worth a look.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:16 pm

What to see in Wales? I think you can see England if you climb high enough.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA, Best Western, Miles & More
Amazing Castles such as Harlech, Beaumaris, Caernarfon & Chirk.
Portmerion village. Llangollen. Anglesey is a must for golden beaches, burial mounds and so much history.
Slate mines, caves, silver lead mines and Centre for Alternative technology.
The list is endless!
You will enjoy yourself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.