Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > U.K. and Ireland
Reload this Page >

Health Club for 2 Weeks (Near Paddington)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Health Club for 2 Weeks (Near Paddington)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Question Health Club for 2 Weeks (Near Paddington)

Hello All,

I'll be staying @ the Paddington Hilton for 2 weeks while volunteering at the Olympics (I'll be working at Wimbledon, so it should be some easy transit on the district line)

Since I'll be there for 2 weeks, I was hoping to maybe get a 2 week pass / membership to a fitness center with a pool / sauna / good equipment etc. I don't mind paying a little more for a nice facility / spa like place. Does anyone have any good recommendations that would be easy to get to near Hilton Paddington?

Thanks!!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by milesandpoints
Hello All,

I'll be staying @ the Paddington Hilton for 2 weeks while volunteering at the Olympics (I'll be working at Wimbledon, so it should be some easy transit on the district line)

Since I'll be there for 2 weeks, I was hoping to maybe get a 2 week pass / membership to a fitness center with a pool / sauna / good equipment etc. I don't mind paying a little more for a nice facility / spa like place. Does anyone have any good recommendations that would be easy to get to near Hilton Paddington?

Thanks!!
^^^All kudos to a guy who is prepared to fly across the Atlantic and to stay in a London hotel - all apparently at his/her own expense - to be an (unpaid) volunteer at the Olympic Games!^^^

That puts my own miserable journey across south London into perspective.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Whilst not the answer itself, keep an eye on Groupon or a daily deals consolidator like DealZippy. A lot of health club chains sell 1 or 2 week trial passes via these sources for very little.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nuffield Health at Sheldon Square (5min walk away). Smart, modern, lots of my colleagues use it

Seymour Leisure Centre. Council run, more basic but still pretty good and 15 mins walk from the hotel

http://www.better.org.uk/areas/westm...eisure-centre/

Best bet would be to call them and explain your requirements. They'll probably cut you a good deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.