Wiki Posts
Search

LHR terminal transfer times

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines/ExPLT/Milion , Hilton, Hertz 5 Star
Question LHR terminal transfer times

We are looking at ORD-EDI via LHR on AA. Would arrive terminal 3 at 07:45 and flight to EDI departs terminal 5 at 09:15. This is, I believe, is the minimum allowable connection time. We are AA/ExPlat and should be traveling on Systemwide Upgrades. We are concerned about the connection time as LHR transfers can be a nightmare. On the other hand AA does this connection daily. Comments, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:11 am

Plenty of flights to Edinburgh from Heathrow, at worst you are put on a flight to Glasgow then are taxied to Edinburgh.

Always assuming you've booked it as one ticket
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See this thread in the AA forum:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html

You should be fine. If you are worried why not change to a later flight to EDI? You would then be able to use the arrivals lounge (if you want to enter the UK then transfer landside) or one of the BA lounges in T5(airside) to freshen up.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Alnola
We are looking at ORD-EDI via LHR on AA. Would arrive terminal 3 at 07:45 and flight to EDI departs terminal 5 at 09:15. This is, I believe, is the minimum allowable connection time. We are AA/ExPlat and should be traveling on Systemwide Upgrades. We are concerned about the connection time as LHR transfers can be a nightmare. On the other hand AA does this connection daily. Comments, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!
As others have noted, there is an existing thread in the AA forum.
And if you look at the LHR website, it provides a step-by-step guide to the transfer process.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Provided you're booking the journey on one PNR, I'd go for it. If you make the connection, fantastic. If not, you'll be rebooked on the next flight - looking at this week's timetable, on days when there's an 0915, the next can be at 1205 or 1420, but I'd imagine the F Lounge isn't such a bad place to have a shower (or even a bath) and have a bit of a relax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.