Wiki Posts
Search

Jersey, Channel Islands

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Steve_19
I bump this old thread as I do not see a newer one -

Is it practical to visit Jersey and Guernsey in one day? I am conflicted with what I hear and how much there is to see (and how long it takes to see it). Anyone visit both islands and have a view on this?

Thanks!
Piggy backing, with a similar question! Am heading to Jersey for the day, next Saturday. Flight should arrive around 8am and then back out at 1900.
I was wondering how possible it is to explore the Island by bus and also if there were any recommendations on what to see/how to do it?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:39 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
There's quite a handy little site on Liberty Bus:

https://libertybus.je/visiting_jerse...actions_by_bus

For me, the best attractions were St Aubin, St Brelade, the War Tunnels, The Zoo (Durrell), some of the Northern coves and possible one of the castles (Elizabeth Castle has the amphibious craft going over, although I thought Montorgueil was more interesting - and there's Jersey Pottery out that way if you want the full coach trip experience).

Jersey and Guernsey together in a day seems ambitious. You'd drive very slowly round congested roads and not see much (particularly on Guernsey, where it's impossible to see anything unless you get off the narrow, crowded main roads, which means ditching the car - and I'd argue the best thing in Guernsey is Sark, anyway...)
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Can be done by bus, as posted above.
Would not attempt both in one day.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by stut
The United Kingdom, Ireland, Bailiwicks of Jersey and Guernsey, Isle of Man, Principality of Sealand, People's Republic of Tooting and self-declared Autonomous Republic of St Mary's Island, Whitley Bay?
You forgot the Republic of Yorkshire

And pretty soon you might need to add the Democratic Peoples Republic of North Islington
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:00 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent

For me, the best attractions were St Aubin, St Brelade, the War Tunnels, The Zoo (Durrell), some of the Northern coves and possible one of the castles (Elizabeth Castle has the amphibious craft going over, although I thought Montorgueil was more interesting - and there's Jersey Pottery out that way if you want the full coach trip experience).

Jersey and Guernsey together in a day seems ambitious. You'd drive very slowly round congested roads and not see much (particularly on Guernsey, where it's impossible to see anything unless you get off the narrow, crowded main roads, which means ditching the car - and I'd argue the best thing in Guernsey is Sark, anyway...)
Thanks for the info - I agree it sounds like one day is not enough time.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC

Useful site - thanks very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.