Romantic Restaurant in Liverpool or Southport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Romantic Restaurant in Liverpool or Southport

As per title, any cuisine or price.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I have family in Southport so have visited it regularly over the years.

Like most seaside resorts it concentrates mainly on the holidaymaker market so pub/bistro type grub seems to be the most popular form of dining. I have been in several restaurants mostly Italian ones and although they have all been decent they have not been spectacular.
I can recommend The Swan chippy.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I can recommend The Swan chippy.
So would my wallet.

Southport would be more convenient but obviously not as much choice. Would involve a Hotel night as well so obviously Liverpool probably offers more choice on that front also.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
I wonder if looking outside Liverpool and Southport would yield a more romantic spot? would imagine there might be some nice places in the countryside. I know there are some nice old hotels/restaurants in the Penines and the Peak District, but I have never stayed/eaten at any of them (just driven past at an obnoxious rate of speed).
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by westers
So would my wallet.

Southport would be more convenient but obviously not as much choice. Would involve a Hotel night as well so obviously Liverpool probably offers more choice on that front also.
If Southport is more convenient then just stay there.....as seaside places go it's quite pleasant,certainly more Brighton than Blackpool. Best of the old type of hotels is the Royal Clifton. Of the newer ones The Vincent and the Ramada Plaza are the best.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Have you ever eaten at the Marine Brasserie at the Ramada? There is a good Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal on there.

Unfortunately with work Friday morning, quite limited to where I can go. Don't really want to have to bother with the M6 the next morning.

Edit to add: The Vincent also has a DBB offer on and looks more the part. May go with that, Thanks Hiddy.

Last edited by westers; Dec 7, 2010 at 7:07 am
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:56 am

The Vincent will be the more memorable of the two.

Just had a look at some reviews of the place and they seem to be consistently good.
Loved the title of the first one from a bride “Left wanting on my wedding night!”.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:48 am
Original Poster

I saw that one on Tripadvisor, may as well start as you mean to go on.

Think I am going to book at The Vincent and also at Formby Hall Golf resort in case there is unseasonable January I may get some sneaky golf in.

Thanks
Old Dec 7, 2010, 2:10 pm

I'd recommend Hope Street Hotel in Liverpool for the overnight bit, but their restaurant fancies itself a bit too much for my liking. There's a restaurant on the same road I've been wanting to try - 60 Hope Street - but it's been full both times I wanted to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.