Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Transit to SK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Question LHR Transit to SK

We'll be on 2 separate tickets, arriving with UA at LHR and then continuing with SK.
(T1-->T3)

The main question is whether 95 minutes is unreasonable (the alternative is 6 hours).

If we miss the SK flight, will they allow us to go standby on a later flight?

Am I correct in understanding that our bags can be checked-thru?

Is there anyone with knowledge/experience who has any useful advice?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by schwarm
We'll be on 2 separate tickets, arriving with UA at LHR and then continuing with SK.
(T1-->T3)

The main question is whether 95 minutes is unreasonable (the alternative is 6 hours).

If we miss the SK flight, will they allow us to go standby on a later flight?

Am I correct in understanding that our bags can be checked-thru?

Is there anyone with knowledge/experience who has any useful advice?
You should be ok assuming your in-bound UA flight is on-time. I think the minimum connection time at LHR is 90 mins if on a thru-ticket. If delayed, it could make for a very tight connection. If you miss the SK flight, you're at the mercy of SAS. They may force you to pay up to a new fare or even buy a new ticket. It's much harder in Europe to get on an earlier/later flight unless you have a fully flexible ticket. UA should check-thru your bags to their final destination. However, on the return, SK may not and you may have to pick them up at LHR and re-check. So, hopefully you have longer than 95 mins connecting time on the return?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.411 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Is there a way for you to purchase the travel as 1 ticket? Makes things much easier in irrops.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:49 am

95 minutes should be enough if yu can check luggage. However it doesn't take into accoutn what happens if you miss your onward flight. Bear in mind that if you miss your first onward flight then the return leg will probably be cancelled as well so you'd have to buy a totally new ticket.

Simialr applies for your final flight home

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.