Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

An AAdvantage AAgent told me that...

Old Mar 30, 03, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Chairman's, IHG Au, Hyatt Discoverist (Visa,) Honors Au (Amex), Marriott Life Au

TWA miles are still convertible to AA miles. The Nov. 30/2002 deadline is sometimes waived/ignored.

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Mar 30, 03, 1:36 pm

I was under the impression that any remaining TWA miles was automatically converted to AA miles after the deadline.
Old Mar 21, 05, 3:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
TWA Aviator miles are DOA, unfortunately.

WAY wrong, unfortunately. AA did give us Aviators well over a year's grace past the deadline to accomplish this (and it was incredibly simple - I transferred over 500,00 miles effortlessly; they were literally assimilated by AA.) A functioning Search would reveal the futility of believing TW miles are still worth more than the scrap of paper they are printed on.

While November 2001 was the official deadline, American continued honoring requests to transfer TWA miles on a goodwill basis. But, the official policy as issued by AAdvantage management on June 9, 2003:

As of June 30, 2003, AAdvantage will no longer accommodate mileage transfer requests.

And so it came to pass.

Originally Posted by Brendan
TWA miles are still convertible to AA miles. The Nov. 30/2002 deadline is sometimes waived/ignored.

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: