FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TWA FFB/Aviators (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/twa-ffb-aviators-401/)
-   -   TW Upgrades for AA Elite? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/twa-ffb-aviators/86861-tw-upgrades-aa-elite.html)

delacpa Nov 27, 2001 10:19 pm

TW Upgrades for AA Elite?

My AA flight (with AA#) in January is currently showing as a TWA-code share but indicates "AA upgrades not available".

When will AA start accepting my electronic upgrades on "formerly" TWA flights??

afang Nov 28, 2001 12:51 pm

I am confused, this is on TW metal or AA metal? If on TW metal you still get free upgrades for being elite i think. Give Plat Center a call they can hook you up.

Eugene Nov 28, 2001 1:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by afang:
I am confused, this is on TW metal or AA metal? If on TW metal you still get free upgrades for being elite i think. Give Plat Center a call they can hook you up.</font>
You are incorrect. Free upgrades for elites are only on TW flights. I believe delacpa is flying AA (no matter that it's TW metal), thus no free upgrades.

arkangel Nov 28, 2001 1:27 pm

afang --

I'm not so sure about that since that is an Aviators program perk and, as you know, that program ends 11/30. Having said that, however, I just upgraded two flight segments on TW metal for 12/1 travel by calling the Elite 1 service center. This may have been possible since 12/1 is a "transitioning" day for TW flights (i.e., all TW metal flights take on AA flight numbers as of 12/2).

bhxnick Dec 2, 2001 10:57 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by delacpa:
My AA flight (with AA#) in January is currently showing as a TWA-code share but indicates "AA upgrades not available".

When will AA start accepting my electronic upgrades on "formerly" TWA flights??
</font>
Try today (02/Dec) I booked an AA Codeshare transatlantic filght via aa.com last week & was told at the time I couldn't use miles to upgrade because it was TWA metal, but to check later in case the rules changed.

I called AA in Dublin today & was given the upgrades as the rules changed today.

I've been given a seat in row 4 on a 767-300 as business, am I correct thinking this is a 2 class flight ?

------------------
Nick Thompson

SFOJFK Dec 2, 2001 12:46 pm

Which flight is it? LGW-STL? The TW 767s were 2 class, but I was wondering too if they would count TransWorld One as P or J.

Just checked it out, and they are selling TransWorld One as J.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bhxnick:
Try today (02/Dec) I booked an AA Codeshare transatlantic filght via aa.com last week & was told at the time I couldn't use miles to upgrade because it was TWA metal, but to check later in case the rules changed.

I called AA in Dublin today & was given the upgrades as the rules changed today.

I've been given a seat in row 4 on a 767-300 as business, am I correct thinking this is a 2 class flight ?

</font>

[This message has been edited by SFOJFK (edited 12-02-2001).]

bhxnick Dec 2, 2001 1:08 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SFOJFK:
Which flight is it? LGW-STL?
Just checked it out, and they are selling TransWorld One as J.
[This message has been edited by SFOJFK (edited 12-02-2001).]
</font>
Yes, AA2721, it will be interesting to compare with AA J, or is that unfair ?

------------------
Nick Thompson

lalala Dec 3, 2001 4:35 am

okay, I'll chime in here. This is based on TWA 2 class service flown at least 3-4x a year for the last 4 years v. my two AA J experiences of the last two months. YMMV and I may just be opinionated. I would rate TWA as better than average J, but then again, I don't fly first.

TWO food- better than AA, full size appetizers, better cheese service, full size desserts, more food in general and v. nice elegant service. None of the tray service that is thrown at you like on AA.

Now, saying that, TWO did not serve hot nuts and the wines were not as good and definitely towards the end, breakfast sucked. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Amenity kits- TWA bad (basically useless), AA good

IFE- TWA, individual movies - okay selection, probably comparable to AA on a 767. No noise cancelling headphones on TWA

Service- TWA usually excellent, especially out of STL, the JFK crews were sure getting cranky towards the end. AA has been pretty good so far.

comfort- TWA good, the 767 seats seemed more spacious than on AA.

redemption of awards- easier in my opinion on aa than on twa and ow awards are nice.