FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TWA FFB/Aviators (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/twa-ffb-aviators-401/)
-   -   3 more days to claim awards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/twa-ffb-aviators/86856-3-more-days-claim-awards.html)

freakflyer Nov 27, 2001 9:51 pm

3 more days to claim awards

Don't forget that you have only 3 more days to claim awards off the TWA FFB chart, and then its gone for good. You had to request partner awards by 10/31, so the only awards left are on TWA itself (which will convert to AA just a couple days later). The 750 mileage award seems to be the best one out there (15,000 miles), if you in a city where it would work.

lalala Nov 29, 2001 11:35 am

yup, also the 40K international upgrade, I guess its only really good stl-lgw is going away soon.

get those calenders out, just keep my two seats free, eh?

GregL Nov 29, 2001 2:48 pm

Where did you hear STL-LGW is going away soon? It's on the schedule indefinitely right now.

Greg

lalala Nov 29, 2001 3:18 pm

oops, didn't parse that well. the 40K
award is going away soon to be replaced by the 50K AA award, so if you wanna spend some aviators miles and save 10K, call now, about
1000 people are probably doing the same thing.

the flight is staying thank goodness. I actually liked going into and out of stl. The customs and immigration was easy and very pleasant.

sorry, too much coffee.

lala

freakflyer Nov 29, 2001 6:50 pm

The 40,000 mileage award also says "first class upgrade." One might question whether AA would let you upgrade from coach to first with that award (probably not!). TWA used to have the 50,000 mileage award which gave you a first class ticket (on a 3-class plane) plus a double upgrade from coach to first for your companion. So it wouldn't be out of line.

lalala Nov 30, 2001 10:38 am

Yup, not a coach to First upgrade, but a coach to business upgrade. Not bad legroom, food is not as good, but amenity kits are better.

the coach to business upgrade on aa is 50K, so this way you are saving 10K.

anyone tried getting through to aviators today?

lala

tvl4free Nov 30, 2001 11:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
I guess its only really good stl-lgw is going away soon.</font>
Get this guys. Just talked to AA... According to them the 40K award (code AV40E) will be equivalent to AA's 50K award and will be valid to anywhere in Europe that AA flies. In addition, it will be valid for an UG to Japan...and there was a brief mention about South America too. So compare with what AA offers - to secure to best deal.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by freakflyer:
The 40,000 mileage award also says "first class upgrade." One might question whether AA would let you upgrade from coach to first with that award (probably not!). </font>
According to AA - the double up is a 'no go.' One jump only.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
anyone tried getting through to aviators today?</font>
Lots of hurddles today with the Aviators line 1-800-325-4815. It will ask you if you want to speak to a TWA agent or AA agent. If you press option 1 for TWA - it sends you off to never, never land... and then will eventually hang up on you! So try the AA option.... had to wait 11 minutes. Then speak to the agent who can directly transfer you to a live TWA rep.... had no waiting on the transfer.

If you can't get thru, you can always Fax an award request to TWA at 1-816-464-7126.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 11-30-2001).]