Travel on TWA as AAdvantage Gold

Old Nov 1, 01, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Looking for new affiliations
Travel on TWA as AAdvantage Gold

I am currently an AAdvantage Gold member, and will be traveling on TWA later this month. I know that I'll probably be entitled to preboarding, but I'm intrested in finding out about upgrades from discount coach. Is it possible with TWA? Are there any other potential "perks" I may be able to capitalize on? Realistically, what are my chances?

I had a VERY negative experience with TWA several years ago and haven't flow a TWA flight since. Needless to say, I'm rather nervous. Please offer any assistance or suggestions if possible! Thanks!

[This message has been edited by FloridaFlyers (edited 11-03-2001).]
Old Nov 1, 01, 2:19 pm

You have a routing that is heavily used by TWA Aviators. Especially the SEA-STL routes. You will be allowed to preboard and check-in first class (which in MCO can be a big help as the lines for the regular cabin can be long - all those Disney families with their luggage).

An upgrade, if you can get them, will cost you. $150 each way I believe. They are not shy about collecting that money from you, so don't expect much free. Though the MCO-STL flights are usually quite crowded and lots of folks seem to get upgraded there.

Your itineray looks somewhat suspicions. If these are two separate tickets, one "nested" into the other with the purpose of returning to your originating city by circumventing minimum stay rules, then what you are proposing is quite against the rules. I would tread carefully and at the very least credit the different tickets to different AA and TWA accounts. Otherwise you risk getting no credit whatsoever and potentially be denied boarding. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'd hate to see you stuck somewhere.

Search this Thread