Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

Reaccommodating Cancelled International Routes

Old Sep 16, 01, 11:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Is anyone aware of TW not accommodating on a different carrier in the event of an international route being terminated prior to commencement of the trip on a PAID ticket (not FF miles); i.e., that the only thing they would provide was a refund?

TW has eliminated a number of international destinations over the past few years, so there should be quite a few here who have experience with this.
Old Sep 16, 01, 11:23 am

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
we have been reaccomodated for our upcoming paris flight, protected in AA business class too. However, craz may have some experience with Tel aviv cancellations. In that case, I believe that passengers were stranded in Tel Aviv.

lala
Old Sep 16, 01, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
It seems like eons ago, but I'm fairly certain that TWA reaccomodated all the TLV pax on other carriers.
Old Sep 20, 01, 6:39 am

We're scheduled to fly from JFK to CDG next weekend, returning in slightly over 2 weeks. TW has cancelled their JFK-CDG flights but have protected us on AA. We're flying on one of the last Equity awards.
Old Sep 20, 01, 6:52 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
LP,

Those were 1st Class Equity Awards, right? What class of service did they reprotect in?
Old Sep 20, 01, 10:42 am

We had booked JFK-Cairo on system-wide vouchers issued last year as compensation for an international bump. TWA agreed to honor the voucher, but all we could get was Mexico (I had a feeling CDG would be discontinued). Absolutely no protection on AA or other airlines. I guess it's a "better than nothing" situation.
Old Sep 20, 01, 12:38 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
Lizzie,

Why not go to London? And if you were ticketed to London, AA is protecting those tickets. Though Mexico from New York is not a bad option either!

ff

Search this Thread