Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TWA discontinues service to CDG

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2001, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
TWA discontinues service to CDG

Bummer, but my TWA flight from CDG-JFK has been cancelled and all CDG flights are now cancelled/discontinued. No reason given (except for the obvious) for this
schedule change. The elite1 desk has been really good with accomodating travel changes, what a shock. Anybody have any thoughts?

lala
Old Sep 16, 2001, 5:46 am

If you can get to FRA, you might be able to switch to AA into NYC?
Old Sep 16, 2001, 8:06 am

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
I just checked for flights through November, and TWA was still showing availability on the JFK-CDG flights.
Old Sep 16, 2001, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Freakflyer:
If you call the airline, the flight is cancelled. If you go to twa.com and plug in cdg-stl, cdg-lax etc, all you get are american flights. They pulled the service and they are reaccomodating passengers on AA (cdg-jfk). We are thinking of going back to lgw to fly twa all the way, they said this was okay, no change fee, no change in ticket prices. Its still up for debate.

lala

Old Sep 16, 2001, 11:42 am

Were there any announcements to the TWA international cancellations? Some friends are due to fly back Friday CDG/JFK. I haven't seen any announcements by TWA or American on their websites that TWA's CDG flight has been cancelled. I have never had TWA get in touch with me overseas to advise me of my flight cancellation; maybe it will be different with American.

[This message has been edited by Georgie (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old Sep 16, 2001, 10:55 pm

lalala,

Both itn.net and aa.com show TWA having flights into CDG in November. I will call them later next week after the current situation calms down a bit. Another loss for this once proud airline.

ff
Old Sep 16, 2001, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Hey FF:
The flights are gone. I called to reconfirm flights, get a faxed itinerary and as we went through the intinerary, my outbound flight had changed. When I came home from work there was a message on my machine stating that the flight was no longer operating. If you go to twa.com, the paris flights no longer come up. Its truly a bummer, I wanted to thank the very nice woman at the ambassador's club in Paris for all her help over the years and I think she's gone now.

Absolutely no reason was given other than "we've been removing international flights from our schedule for a while"- umm, yes, but this one was one of the last and was supposed to be operational until november.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 3:18 am

Well, I have confirmed (TWA) award tickets F class CDG-MLI-CDG for May/June 2002, for which I've already paid the service fee. Wonder if they'll offer AA instead?
Old Sep 17, 2001, 6:49 am

Counsellor:
I also have confirmed award ticket for
CDG-MLI (for April). Not sure what they will offer. Not even sure what I would like to do at this point.
Old Sep 17, 2001, 5:47 pm

I just spoke with TWA. They will protect you on American on any of their transatlantic routes to Paris. For some reason their system still shows availability on the TWA flights, but when they try to book it, they show that it was canceled. Odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.