TWA Online Booking Bonus?

Old Aug 29, 01, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
TWA Online Booking Bonus?

A question about the 1,000 miles people receive for booking online. ....

If I'm flying TWA but having all my miles go on my AA account, where does the 1,000 miles for booking on TWA go? Does it get applied to my TWA FF account or does it go to my AAdvantage account?

Thanks -
CA
Old Sep 3, 01, 10:27 am

The consolidation of Aviators and AAdvantage has added a new twist to the on line bonus for booking on line. I only can tell you what would happen when you book at TWA, as I haven't booked anything on line with AA.

If you book using the TWA website, you will get credit for the 1000 mile bonus in your Aviator account. However, there is a catch as I found out. The catch is that you must fly as a Aviator member. You will not get the 1000 bonus if you follow the recommendations of the AAdvantage staff who have told me I should fly as an AAdvantage member. I lost the 1000 booking miles twice, when I have flown as a AADvantage member. You should also note that if you have an agent alter your reservation before you fly the first leg, you will not obtain credit for the booking miles. I had this happen to me a few times as well.

Ultimately, on or about Dec 1, your Aviator miles will be rolled into a AAdvantage account.

Search this Thread