Wiki Posts
Search

Elite 1 - Now I need advice

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2001, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Elite 1 - Now I need advice

Dear Group,

Next week I will have spent enought $'s to earn elite 1 status on TWA. AA has already sent me a Gold card, since I was Elite on TWA.

I have two questions?
Will AA bump me up to Platinum next week?

Since I have my TWA status, and the program looks to be ending soon. Wouldn't it make more sense for me to concentrate on AA flights? In other words, I don't think I can get to TWA Platinum before they pull the plug.

Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 15, 2001, 8:12 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rockett0:
Dear Group,

Next week I will have spent enought $'s to earn elite 1 status on TWA. AA has already sent me a Gold card, since I was Elite on TWA.

I have two questions?
Will AA bump me up to Platinum next week?

</font>
Hmm, I don't know. I'm Elite 1 and I received my Platinum package in the mail the other day unsolicited. They must be in the process of matching names/addresses on accounts. I believe that if you call them to let them know of your new status they will move you to corresponding status on AA. At the very least it will happen on November 30 when accounts merge. But seeing as how only TWA bases status on $$$ spent then if I were you I would push for Platinum.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by Rockett0:

Since I have my TWA status, and the program looks to be ending soon. Wouldn't it make more sense for me to concentrate on AA flights? In other words, I don't think I can get to TWA Platinum before they pull the plug.

Thanks for your help.

</font>
The easy answer to this question is: it depends. Will you fly enough miles or spend enough money to make Platinum on TWA? If the question is no, then I suppose it doesn't matter. Because then you won't have enough Q-miles anyway to get EXP on AA. There have been reports here on Flyertalk that TWA flights accruing AA miles have been credited at the full Y Q-miles or F Q-miles if upgraded, so that's a plus.

Remember though that TWA gives 1000 minimum miles on flights for Elite and above. While AA only gives 500 miles. So if you're planning on doing lots of short flights around the midwest you can rack up more applying your miles to Aviators TWA
Old Jun 15, 2001, 9:34 am

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Remember that for next year AAdvantage qualifying miles and Aviators qualifying miles will both be counted to determine your 2002 status.

So, taking TW flights and receiving TW credit will still count towards your AAdvantage status for next year.

Greg
Old Jun 18, 2001, 7:15 pm

While the two programs are still separate, it is not believed either two will comp a new status unless you formally request it. Even if you have requested and got a comp before. I dont believe the two programs will be transparent until the integration of systems on Nov 30. If its important before that time, I would call, and submit docs if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.