TransWorld One/First Luggage Service

Old Mar 21, 01, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

TransWorld One/First Luggage Service

Has anyone experienced expedited service for their TransWorld One checked luggage? On the times that I have checked luggage, mainly on overseas flights, I find that my checked luggage (with the "Trans World One/First Class" tags) receives no special attention. I notice that many bags arrive first without the "special tags."

Is this just another perk that TWA advertises but doesn't follow through with?
Old Mar 22, 01, 11:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Yes. I think this is normal for most airlines. Baggage is difficult to organize to it is put on plane, offload back to cart, and offloaded to baggage belt in proper order -- and most baggage handlers do not care. Sometimes it happens, but not often for me.
Old Mar 23, 01, 10:03 am

The last time I checked a bag (the first time I had done that in a long, long time) mine was one of the first off the carousel. The first one out of the mouth of death there was also a first-class tagged bag. Mine came out shortly thereafter. It was a flight from Orlando, so you can only imagine the amount of luggage that must have been stored in the belly of that 757. I was actually surprised that the agent had put first class tags on the thing. My golf clubs also came out quite quickly in St. Louis.

Search this Thread