Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

any TWO experiences post-bankruptcy news?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2001, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Hi All-

We're doing a quick little trip to Paris
in a few weeks. I used miles to upgrade and was wondering if the legal proceedings had
affected service quality. I'm not a big fan of flying into and out of JFK, but that was my choice.

I'm hoping that the service will be as good as it has been in the past.

lala
Old Feb 7, 2001, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
My flights in late December, just before the bankrupcy, were terrific. They were out of STL...

Thinking about London in March on TWOne.
Old Feb 7, 2001, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Socalterp,
are you planning on using mileage or ponying up the big bucks? I have had little luck going in and out of STL to LGW with a 40 K
upgrade.

I have also had some bad experiences in and out of JFK, but that is where I'm heading after Paris. I did get a $376 fare that I could upgrade, so that will make my little birthday trip quite lovely.

Any idea if there are any promotions floating around? The aviators newsletter hasn't been updated for the past 2 months.

lala
Old Feb 7, 2001, 8:00 pm

I was thinking about using miles...flying midweek. Since there is only 1 flight to LGW, it's a bit harder than CDG, but I have had some luck finding seats in the past.

I used miles to get to 2 upgrades to CDG in December, and 1 upgrade/1 free to OGG last April.

With $328 fares to LGW out of STL, it's pretty tempting if I can find upgrade seats, considering LAX is $258 and the East Coast just a little less.

Old Feb 7, 2001, 8:01 pm

As far as service quality after the bankrupcy, the only 2 flights I've had since (to/from MCO) have been terrific. I have at least a couple more next week...
Old Feb 7, 2001, 10:22 pm
Original Member

I haven't had any problems either... of course, I fly out of STL so I'm predisposed to not having any problems and being satisfied with TWA. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Feb 8, 2001, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I have flown about 20 flights since announcement. I would say the service and friendliness of employees is even better than before - and not too bad before. And not just on a few flights, but most of them. Very noticeable to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.