Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > TWA FFB/Aviators
Reload this Page >

Attention Buck!!!!! RJs out of BMI on NW

Old Mar 4, 2000, 9:39 am
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

Let's boycott TWA and their new "have to pay for upgrades" policy, TWE and their lame excuses for cancelling flights and their little props!!! NW is going to start flying RJs out of BMI starting 5/1 - - I'm psyched!!
Old Mar 4, 2000, 3:54 pm
Suspended

EMD its about time some other carriers started offering service to places that TWA/TWE had sewn-up. theres no question if it continues TWA will be part of the past, it still flies since it has the ability to rip-off people in places they are the domiant carrier once they lose this edge they are DOOMED.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 7:36 am
Original Member

EMD: Another airline boycott? Let’s see, you won’t fly AA or TWA now… if you get angry at too many more airlines you’ll be driving everywhere by car http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif. I’m glad that you’ll soon be able to enjoy RJ service to DTW as they are a much better service than props. By the way, the TWA upgrade fee only applies to Elite members on lower-priced coach tickets… I thought you were Elite 1 (if you flew 40,000 miles last year)? The upgrade policy change you reference doesn’t affect Elite 1 or Platinum members, although I am disappointed that they made that change, period.

Craz: BMI was always far from “sewn up” for TWE. AirTran, Frontier, and the express carriers for AA and NW already flew out of BMI for quite some time. UA Express RJ flights are available within a 25-40 minute drive (PIA or SPI). BMI in terms of airlines and airfares is an extremely competitive market.
Old Mar 5, 2000, 9:28 am

Programs: AA 1MM/Gold, Marriott Gold
Buck,

I'm Elite 1 this year, but am also unhappy with the new upgrade rule changes for Elites. If they are going to eliminate unlimited free upgrades, there should at least be a way to "earn" free upgrades by flying. I've written to the airline about this change, as well as the inability to get Y-Up fares out of STL, but only got a rather arrogant form response.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.