TK 77W service IST-SIN

Old Jul 17, 09, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: bmi diamond club lifetime gold, ba silver
TK 77W service IST-SIN

For anyone hoping to redeem into F class suites on TK service from IST-SIN in next few months I thought I should draw atention to under noted e mail I received from TK customer services. I had been planning to change my LH F class bookings from FRA-SIN in October to TK F class suites from IST but was uneasy about it given recent aircraft changes on route so I asked them whether, notwithstanding October still showed it operating as a 77W, this might change. Not so sure I should take risk now and probably best to stick with LH !

Response from TK customer services "UNFORTUNATELY MANY IST-SIN FLIGHTS HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO AIRBUS 340 IN JULY AND AUGUST. ITS MOST LIKELY THAT SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER FLIGHTS WILL BE OPERATED BY AIRBUS AS WELL , SO THERE IS NO GUARANTEE IT WILL BE OPERATED BY 777.

IF YOU MUST TRAVEL IN FIRST CLASS WE RECOMMEND YOU TO LOOK FOR OTHER OPTIONS OR YOU CAN BOOK WITH US IF AIRCRAFT TYPE CHANGES YOU CAN CANCELL IT.

WE DO APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"
Old Jul 17, 09, 3:48 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
HKG seems to be one of the few places that gets a regular 77W service at the mo, as BKK has also been getting the 343.

Where are the 77W's being deployed to then?
Old Jul 17, 09, 3:57 pm

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Can't you just sit tight and then claim (potentially rather lucrative) downgrade compensation if there is an equipment switch?
Old Jul 17, 09, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post

Where are the 77W's being deployed to then?
They are currently serving LHR, BKK, HKG, PEK and ICN on various days of the week. Like you say, the only route that has had a more or less guaranteed 77W since the start is HKG. All schedules seem fluid and certainly no route timetable, post 01 Sept, can be taken as gospel; well maybe HKG is still safe but who knows? TK is kinda like TG's twin sister with fleet scheduling but at least there's only two C cabin types, either of which is perfectly fine; 77W preferred obviously.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Jul 17, 09 at 6:03 pm
Old Jul 17, 09, 4:49 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
the message is pretty straight forward from TK

I took it 3 times and it was the best 1 st class ever. Very nice food and great ground service on a buggy
similar to SQ only a different conversation with the TK staff - poor english

i would try my luck.

I m going to take it again in AUG - hopefully it will be there

Last edited by ambrogz; Jul 17, 09 at 5:04 pm
Old Jul 17, 09, 5:13 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Gold, HHonors Silver, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore View Post
They are currently serving LHR, BKK, HKG, PEK and ICN on various days of the week. Like you say, the only route that has had dedicated 77W since the start is HKG. All schedules seem fluid and certainly no route timetable, post 01 Sept, can be taken as gospel; well maybe HKG is still safe but who knows? TK is kinda like TG's twin sister!
TBH, I would have expected SIN & BKK to have demand
Old Jul 17, 09, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily View Post
TBH, I would have expected SIN & BKK to have demand
IST-SIN becomes 5x weekly IST-SIN-CGK in September.

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Jul 17, 09 at 6:02 pm
Old Jul 17, 09, 5:46 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
As this has very little to do with bmi or Diamond Club, I think we can safely move this discussion off to the Miles & Smiles forum.
Old Jul 17, 09, 10:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat LTP, HH Silver,
Does TK alert pax in advance if there's equipment change? If so how long in advance? Currently my IST-BKK flight on 29 July is listed as 77W, but really I'm not holding my breath. I'm in J so an equipment swap won't really impact me all that much apart from losing a sweet seat.
Old Jul 18, 09, 7:05 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Royal Orchid Plus Gold
For me, the most important part of this topic is you claming something to TK and they reply you back, also before a date you plan your flight! it's amazing, really. Normally they would ignore you at the first place, or better you would get a reply while you are already in SIN.

I don't know if it is your luck, or your inquiry being for first class, or maybe the customer service finally started doing something.
Old Jul 20, 09, 7:46 am

Programs: qatar airways
is the 77w still flying London to Istanbul and Istanbul to HKG in August?
Old Jul 20, 09, 9:50 am

BTW the 77W doesn't fly to HKG every day, so if you do fly to HKG with TK make sure you double check which days the 77W will be flying.
Old Jul 20, 09, 10:30 am

Programs: qatar airways
I want to fly on or around the 14th August . I think the 77w flies to HKG that day , I am just not sure on the LHR to IST leg. saying that there may be no availabilty in F on redeemed miles.
Old Jul 21, 09, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FOM, no SIN was the steady one for awhile, HKG is NOW but was NOT as recently as three weeks ago. Its the stupidest thing in the world, how the hell are they supposed to ever develop a F product and passeneger if they cannot stick to the routes?
Old Jul 21, 09, 8:37 am

Thanks for that.

I agree hfly, I've almost come to the conclusion they're not bothering anymore. I've seen some awful shenanigans on the part of TK when it comes to dealing with passengers booked in revenue F; awards too . Basically they downgrade them with no contact and when challenged, say "Tough ......, now go away"

Last edited by FlyingOnceMore; Jul 21, 09 at 8:43 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: