Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK lounge at JFK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL Silver, Hertz PC, Avis Pref+, Accor Silver
TK lounge at JFK

I will be in the middle of a long 3-leg at JFK, and after having talked to Turkish I was told the Alitalia lounge is available.

Not having a shower (or a proper lounge) would be a real downer.

- Since I am *G (TK) I assume I would be able to enter the LH lounge when it opens, to at least have a shower before the flight.

- I have had mixed results entering other terminals (different to the one I am departing from) at EWR. Does anyone know the odds of making it into, say, T7 at JFK (with a T1 boarding pass) to use the United Club ?

Thanks

D.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:41 pm

I will be in JFK for around 7 hours waiting for TK12 and was wondering if I could use the LH lounge until it closes then move over to the Alitalia lounge? I am flying business class (not *G).
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by splicer100
I will be in JFK for around 7 hours waiting for TK12 and was wondering if I could use the LH lounge until it closes then move over to the Alitalia lounge? I am flying business class (not *G).
TK will give you an invitation for their contract lounge at JFK.
Without *G you are restricted to this lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by moeser
TK will give you an invitation for their contract lounge at JFK.
Without *G you are restricted to this lounge.
I thought that the Star Alliance rules for lounge access on a business class ticket was any Star Alliance carrier's business lounge. I thought I read that on their website.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by splicer100
I thought that the Star Alliance rules for lounge access on a business class ticket was any Star Alliance carrier's business lounge. I thought I read that on their website.
That's a *G benefit, not a C class benefit.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 5:51 am

Just went through JFK yesterday. I was booked on an Aeroplan ticket with 7 hour layover in JFK. Checked in online and printed my boarding pass. I went to the counter and was told the earliest I could check in was 8:00 pm. By the time I got through security it was around 8:30. The Lufthansa lounge closes at 9:30 so even if I was *G it would not have been worth going to. What's the point of printing a boarding pass online if you can't even use it?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Just wanted to confirm that the Turkish business lounge at JFK is Alitalia and not Korean? Also, if it it Alitalia, does anyone know what time it opens? On the 12:50 p.m. flight to IST flying out next week. Thanks!

Last edited by MichaelJFK; Aug 28, 2013 at 6:19 am
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
Just wanted to confirm that the Turkish business lounge at JFK is Alitalia and not Korean? Also, if it it Alitalia, does anyone know what time it opens? On the 12:50 p.m. flight to IST flying out next week. Thanks!
Turkish business lounge at JFK is Alitalia. I'm not sure of the hours of operations. Nothing special about Alitalia lounge. They have showers but you'll need to provide your own towels . They have little snacks, nothing to write about.
I'm only in this lounge if LH is closed.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:06 am

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Thanks dimmedlights. I think I might check it out but move to the Korean Lounge which I have access to and have been to before. While even the KAL lounge is just fair, from what I have read about the Alitalia lounge, it appears to be much better :-). Cannot wait to try the TK lounge in IST.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
So compared to a typical domestic United Club in the US, just how bad is Alitalia at JFK?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:54 pm

thiis not full service in this lounge.
they have a mini refrigator with alcohol, soda, super mini mini panini bites (chicken & tuna).
some cookies, cappuccino machine, and chips.
the amenities arent replenished as often.
I dont recall the brands they have in stock.
In my opinion, its more comfortable in this lounge versus in the community common space.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by dand99
Not having a shower (or a proper lounge) would be a real downer.
I'm not sure if LH Lounge has shower. If showers are a must use Alitalia Lounge, bring your own towel. I know it's nothing to rave about but it's better than the United Club. The foods aren't that bad, those focaccia sandwiches will tie you up before meals onboard (I tend not to overeat before any TK flights).
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by vincewy
I'm not sure if LH Lounge has shower. If showers are a must use Alitalia Lounge, bring your own towel. I know it's nothing to rave about but it's better than the United Club. The foods aren't that bad, those focaccia sandwiches will tie you up before meals onboard (I tend not to overeat before any TK flights).
yes, LH has showers.
yes, the last time I visited the Atiltalia Lounge had showers in July.
I'm not a backpacker and who carries towels in their luggage?
This concept of providing your own towel is useless-
işe yaramaz
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by starflyergold
That's a *G benefit, not a C class benefit.
You really shouldn't spread misinformation like that, what you stated in not accurate and never has been for the past decade I have been flying with *A airlines:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by BOSton Traveller
You really shouldn't spread misinformation like that, what you stated in not accurate and never has been for the past decade I have been flying with *A airlines:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/
What a charming way to point out an inaccurate point. I stand corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.