Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Hotel or day tour for Transit Pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Hotel or day tour for Transit Pax?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by jerryhung
May think about it, would love to hear your trip result (and hopefully 3 pm is indeed without delay and back at airport by 4 pm)
Thanks

My flight is in Sep 2012 so still plenty of time
Well, our flight is in November, so I want to hear from you about the tour...
Old Jun 3, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Sorry tons of great info about the hotel but not seeing very much about the tour and exactly how it works in here...
- If I arrive at 1115 from JFK and am on the 1955 to DEL do I have time to do the 6h tour from 1200-1800?
- How does it work? i.e. where do i go to catch it, etc?
- If I don't do it, is it a ridiculously long time to spend in the IST lounge or are there dayrooms or something where I might be able to catch a nice nap?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA UGS, SPG Plat.
I have a 7 hour layover from 5:40am to 12:45pm. Is that enough time to go into Istanbul? If so, how long will it take to get back? I will be checked in and flying J.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:59 am

Is there difference in free hotel policy if the tickets are purchased not from TK directly? (We got ours through AA.) Got different answers from different travel agencies and don't know what to think.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Call in advance?

I called Turkish Airlines and verified that I would be eligible for a hotel. The agent said I would need to call and make a reservation for the hotel in advance. I have tried to call the number he gave me, but it does not work (I get an error in turkish and I do not speak turkish!)

Does anyone know if I have to call in advance or can I just do this at the airport when I arrive in IST?

Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:06 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by wxalex
I called Turkish Airlines and verified that I would be eligible for a hotel. The agent said I would need to call and make a reservation for the hotel in advance. I have tried to call the number he gave me, but it does not work (I get an error in turkish and I do not speak turkish!)

Does anyone know if I have to call in advance or can I just do this at the airport when I arrive in IST?

Thanks!
I've never called in advance. Just go to the TK Hotel Desk near the Starbucks.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by G_G
Thanks, I will just do that then.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: milesandsmiles elite+
Originally Posted by G_G
....and wait...and wait...and wait
Old Jun 15, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by accrapolo
....and wait...and wait...and wait
Yup... yup... and yup... no kidding. Esp if you are the first flight arrive IST!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: EK Skywards, TK Miles & Smiles, QR QMiles
Hi everybody, anyone knows if the hotel room is available for one way tickets, I'm looking at buying a ticket with a 17 hours stopover (arriving at 8pm from ALG and connection next day at 1pm to YYZ) and will definitely not take it if the hotel stay is not taken in charge.

Also I noticed on the booking that the class is comfort premium economy, do you have any information about this class as it looks different from regular economy but is not business class.

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by CrazyDiamond
Hi everybody, anyone knows if the hotel room is available for one way tickets, I'm looking at buying a ticket with a 17 hours stopover (arriving at 8pm from ALG and connection next day at 1pm to YYZ) and will definitely not take it if the hotel stay is not taken in charge.

Also I noticed on the booking that the class is comfort premium economy, do you have any information about this class as it looks different from regular economy but is not business class.

Thanks
Welcome to Flyertalk. Comfort is treated as economy and they provide the hotel service even if you have one way ticket. In your case your transfer time is over 10h so you are free to use the service.

More information about CC can be found here: http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-cy...x#ComfortClass and also you can find discussion about it on this forum if you use search.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Hit or miss on TK free hotel. Denied hotel on an overnight layover with business class ticket. Found Tk to be as inconsitent on this as other service issues.

Agent claimed that since there was an earlier flight (not available in business) that I wasn't entitled to a room. Ended up paying for a room, not as overpriced, as suggested by the agent at hotel desk.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
12 hour connection time

I am currently booked on UA904 in business class which will arrive in IST at 12:20. I am looking at possible changes and one of them would have me there for about 12 hours departing on TK70 (business again) to HKG after midnight.

That's a long time in the lounge! And, the visa fee for Canadians is $60 so I don't really want to pay that to spend about 8 hours in the city. I remember something about TK giving you a room at the airport hotel if you have a long layover but I can't find the info. Is that only if you are connecting from TK - TK?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by tryinginvain
I remember something about TK giving you a room at the airport hotel if you have a long layover but I can't find the info. Is that only if you are connecting from TK - TK?
It is only TK-TK.

You can book the transit hotel yourself if you wish. https://www.airporthotelistanbul.com...ation/?l=en-US
Old Jul 23, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by starflyergold
It is only TK-TK.

You can book the transit hotel yourself if you wish. https://www.airporthotelistanbul.com...ation/?l=en-US
That makes sense. The hotel option is nice, but not cheap! As I said I'm looking at options for changing a reward booking so this one is not ideal as HKG isn't my destination anyway. I'm not finding much yet but I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.