BKK fast track immigration for J pax

Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
BKK fast track immigration for J pax

Hey all,

Currently on 68 and first time flying into BKK on TK. I’m assuming like all J pax into BKK, we’re *supposed* to get fast track. But from last half a dozen or so times flying into BKK the folks examine one’s BP pretty intensely to prove their eligibility, and since TK is one of those rare carriers that take the long part of one’s BP and the “business” label on the stub is pretty hard to see (especially since I got one of those black topped BPs), will I actually get access? Would love to hear some experiences from others! Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
If your boarding pass says "business" you will get access. If the text is hard to see, point it out to the agents.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ffay005
If your boarding pass says "business" you will get access. If the text is hard to see, point it out to the agents.
I mean, yeah, of course I get that, but it’s damn near impossible to see, hence the question to see if anyone else has also dealt with issies like this. But I guess we shall see soon enough.

Last edited by fender5787; Apr 3, 2024 at 12:47 am
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
In the past it was by invitation only (special cards handed out during the flight or at check-in at origin).
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Update: did end up working, but took a bit more effort than normal; had to show them my business class carry on bag tag and then even flash my reservation on my TK app. Pretty sure if I had the normal red header on the bp, this wouldn’t have been an issue, but oh well
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
In the past it was by invitation only (special cards handed out during the flight or at check-in at origin).
Yep, I remember those; however, I do recall there was quite a lucrative black market where folks would counterfeit those passes while some airlines wouldn’t even give them out and those J pax would be SOL, hence AOT switched to this new model.
SK AAR likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:30 am

Yeah, now it is for all J&F pax. And status pax in Y are out lof luck.

Also the elderly +1 and pax with small kids can use it.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by fender5787
Update: did end up working, but took a bit more effort than normal; had to show them my business class carry on bag tag and then even flash my reservation on my TK app. Pretty sure if I had the normal red header on the bp, this wouldn’t have been an issue, but oh well
Really? That's ridiculous. Yes, it was a bit hard to see in the photo, but the text is definitely there and if the agent has normal eyesight, should not be a problem at all. Glad you made it anyway, can save an easy 30 min.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:23 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
no any cards for BKK now, just boarding pass...
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
Really? That's ridiculous. Yes, it was a bit hard to see in the photo, but the text is definitely there and if the agent has normal eyesight, should not be a problem at all. Glad you made it anyway, can save an easy 30 min.
Yep, not the best experience, but tbf with the chaos of swampy and the lighting not being the best, I can understand how the agent had a hard time seeing where it said “business.” And a few other J pax from my flight (whom I assume had the normal red bp banner) didn’t seem to get rhe scrutiny I received. Oh well, at least it worked out fine!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.