Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a 2-3 day stopover in IST

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2022, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Booking a 2-3 day stopover in IST

Apologies if this was asked before, but I am planning to book a one way IAD to DEL flight in september and would like to do a long 2/3 day stopover in IST. How can i book this?
I did a multi city trip and the price was almost double a normal one way flight.

TIA
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
For a o/w ticket stopovers are normally not permitted.

A solution is to book with a transfer only and then after you have flown 1st segment to IST rebook the IST-DEL segment as you wish; though might be expensive if IST-DEL have high loads.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Book 2 one way tickets? IAD-IST, IST-DEL?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by TomMM
Book 2 one way tickets? IAD-IST, IST-DEL?
Most likely not economically viable. 2 o/w tickets presumably cost much more than 1 ticket IAD-DEL.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SK AAR
For a o/w ticket stopovers are normally not permitted.

A solution is to book with a transfer only and then after you have flown 1st segment to IST rebook the IST-DEL segment as you wish; though might be expensive if IST-DEL have high loads.
This will not work - flying the first segment does not magically allow stopovers on the tarriff.

@OP, you might want to consider buying a return as well so that stopovers will be allowed on the fare.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
This will not work - flying the first segment does not magically allow stopovers on the tarriff.

@OP, you might want to consider buying a return as well so that stopovers will be allowed on the fare.
Thank you, how would i book a stopover on the return? I cannot seem to find this option on the Turkish Air website
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Just the standard multi-city search works fine. For clarity, you can have the stopover in either/both directions - you just need to book both directions on the same ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.