Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Reservation Confirmed....But Flight Unbookable Elsewhere

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines Reservation Confirmed....But Flight Unbookable Elsewhere

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation Turkish Airlines Reservation Confirmed....But Flight Unbookable Elsewhere

Hey folks,

I'll be traveling from DFW to MED on Aug 23, connecting in IST, all in J with an I class fare via Aeroplan. I caught something weird today and do not know if I should worry.

My DFW to IST flight departs Aug 23 and lands Aug 24 in the afternoon. Then, I'm connecting to TK98 from IST to MED, which departs Aug 25 at 12:55 AM (so a few hours layover).

However, TK98 is unbookable anywhere I look. Google Flights, Priceline, and even TK's website: TK98 on Aug 25 does not exist. I tried to search for DFW-MED as well, but nothing.

I can still change my seats for the flight, though, in the Turkish Airlines app. Also, using cowtool's PNR viewer, I'm showing HK for the segment. ExpertFlyer can also pull up a seat map, but it shows Economy empty, with all Economy seats marked as "premium."

Any thoughts as to what in the world is going on? My flight's next week so I'm not sure if I should call Aeroplan to make alternate arrangements.
Old Aug 14, 2022, 11:46 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
From what I can tell, the flight might be sold out (C0 Y0 according to EF), which is why no one will sell it.

But putting my moderator hat on, this is a TK question rather than an AC one, so I'm moving it to the TK forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Flyer2k21 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:28 am

I would call Aeroplan ASAP. Like you, in my searches on EF, FR24 (which shows TK98 only until August 23, and TK's own site TK98 doesn't appear to exist after August 23.

I'd chalk up the being able to switch seats etc to TK's amazingly horrible IT.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Unless you receive a notification of a schedule change or cancellation from Aeroplan or TK directly, there is no point in contacting Aeroplan or TK; they will not be able to see anything (unless there is a official schedule change or cancellation already notified)

EDIT: I just made a search on the TK website. 25AUG TK98 doesn't show because it is fully booked. TK98 is available (in J/C) the following day and on 28AUG so it is def. not cancelled.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
There is a high chance the flight is fully booked. A lot of other MED flights (even those via JED) are fully booked in economy so I presume the direct flight will be sold out throughout.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by RetiredATLATC
Like you, in my searches on EF, FR24 (which shows TK98 only until August 23, and TK's own site TK98 doesn't appear to exist after August 23.
Hmm in FR24 you are are currently unable to see flights beyond 23 Aug.
On the TK webpage there are TK98 flights bookable beyond 23 AUG. Don't make the OP (unnessarily) concerned with statements like this.
Adam Smith and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum

FlightView shows the flight operating.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Hmm in FR24 you are are currently unable to see flights beyond 23 Aug.
On the TK webpage there are TK98 flights bookable beyond 23 AUG. Don't make the OP (unnessarily) concerned with statements like this.
My apologies on the FR24, however I am searching both on the 24th & 25th on the TK app and it does not show a TK98. There's a TK96 @ 0105 and a TK92 @ 1145.

I do see TK98, but that departs on August 26 @ 0055 and not on August 25.

Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the help everyone! I called Aeroplan as well and they re-confirmed that the segment is HK, so I think the explanation of the flight being totally sold out is the likely reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.