Search

IST-SZG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
IST-SZG

IST-SZG seems to be one flight per day.
I have a booking in December and just checking is there any likelihood of IST-SZG route getting cancelled?
Not sure considering proximity to MUC, if it is financially viable to operate this route for TK.

The last Friday's flight was cancelled, not sure the reason!
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-g...84&date=240622

Last edited by c001lh202; Jun 26, 2022 at 7:01 am Reason: Info.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
TK operates TK1381 & TK1383 to SZG on alternating days. Yesterday’s flight operated regularly (although arrived late). It’s difficult to say if they will cancel altogether but in the past TK did cancel routes that were financially not profitable. Nevertheless, I think that reducing schedule is more of an option than canceling.

Last edited by flyerby; Jun 26, 2022 at 9:45 am
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Turkish Airlines M&S
TK operates into SZG for several years now and the load is almost always quite satisfying for them and for the airport. They will even add an extra rotation to OGU once a week this summer to serve demand. It is very unlikely that these route is getting cancelled in the near future, even in wintertime this route runs quite well.
(Thoughts from someone who lives in Salzburg...).

Regards.
Michael
flyerby likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Good to hear the route has been operational for a while.
Just hoping any changes or cancellations are notified in good time to not spoil Christmas holidays!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.