Search

Turkish Air & IST Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AMEX, MARRIOTT, ANA, UAL, CHASE
Turkish Air & IST Questions

Hello...
My wife and I arrive to IST at 12:00 noon and depart 13 hours later (1:00). We are in Business class on award tickets. Travelling in early April.

Few questions:
1. Are the showers open at the Turkish lounge?
2. Is the Turkish hotel/city tour program available currently? or still closed?
3. What's the best way to get into the city?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
1- Yes they are
2- The Touristanbul ( city tour ) program is still suspended until further notice
3- Take a taxi if you are OK with the costs; or if you would like something cheaper take one of the Havaist ( coach ) or İETT ( municipality ) buses into the city.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AMEX, MARRIOTT, ANA, UAL, CHASE
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
1- Yes they are
2- The Touristanbul ( city tour ) program is still suspended until further notice
3- Take a taxi if you are OK with the costs; or if you would like something cheaper take one of the Havaist ( coach ) or İETT ( municipality ) buses into the city.

THANK YOU!!!!
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by 1dream
THANK YOU!!!!
I have an 8 hour layover at IST from noon onwards. I would like to go to the city and based on what I read the grand bazaar seems to be a good place to visit. What are my options? Cab? Is there Uber out there? How much will it approximately cost?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 3:00 pm

8 hour layover at IST

Originally Posted by 1dream
THANK YOU!!!!
I have an 8 hour layover at IST from noon onwards. I would like to go to the city and based on what I read the grand bazaar seems to be a good place to visit. What are my options? Cab? Is there Uber out there? How much will it approximately cost?
Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by supertester
Thanks in advance.
Yes, the Grand Bazaar would be a nice place to visit during your layover, just be aware that it is closed on Sundays.

You could take a taxi from the airport which would cost about ₺250 with the current rates ( an increase on taxi prices is discussed at the moment, so this could change when you travel ). You could also take the Havaist bus to Beyazıt which would drop you just next to the Grand Bazaar which would be a cheaper option.

You could use Uber to call a yellow taxi and pricing would be based on the taximeter, although, just be aware that I would highly recommend to avoid calling a taxi from the Uber application from the airport as you might have issues. On the opposite direction, you would be fine.
supertester likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.