Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Do You Earn TK Status Qualifying Miles on UA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP

Was hoping I could get some clarity as it seems I could hit TK+ this year if I can credit my UA flights to my TK account.

I'm basically going to have around 70k miles flown on TK and also have a few NYC>LAX flights I need to book this year and was wondering if I can book UA and qualify them to TK (I usually prefer AA or Jetblue Mint, but would just fly UA if it helps w/ status). Looking at this- https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ited-airlines/, it seems like I can credit those flights to TK. Does anyone know if they go towards status qualification or is it just spending miles that I'd earn?
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by kmzandrew
Was hoping I could get some clarity as it seems I could hit TK+ this year if I can credit my UA flights to my TK account.

I'm basically going to have around 70k miles flown on TK and also have a few NYC>LAX flights I need to book this year and was wondering if I can book UA and qualify them to TK (I usually prefer AA or Jetblue Mint, but would just fly UA if it helps w/ status). Looking at this- https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ited-airlines/, it seems like I can credit those flights to TK. Does anyone know if they go towards status qualification or is it just spending miles that I'd earn?
Yes, UA miles go towards TK status. Have a look at the link below to see which airlines can be credited to TK and how much the accrue.
https://www.wheretocredit.com
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
TK doesn't have two separate charts for status and bonus ( redeemable ) miles; when flying you would get the same amount of status and bonus miles.
By the way, when flying United, do not attempt to cross-benefit like using your United 1K benefits while crediting to Miles&Smiles. United wouldn't let you use your EconomyPlus seating, 3 x 32kgs baggage allowance, etc... benefits if not crediting to United. Even if they do, miles might end up at the wrong place in the end.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
By the way, when flying United, do not attempt to cross-benefit like using your United 1K benefits while crediting to Miles&Smiles. United wouldn't let you use your EconomyPlus seating, 3 x 32kgs baggage allowance, etc... benefits if not crediting to United. Even if they do, miles might end up at the wrong place in the end.
A lowly UA Silver from Marriott Titanium gets you more benefits on UA metal than TK E+...

Hopefully the OP's mention of JetBlue Mint means J/F travel, so not really a concern to use TK M&S the whole way through...
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:29 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
Does UA codeshare on LH metal in P class earn anything in TK's M&S? LH P of course is 0% but UA P is showing as 100%.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX21
Does UA codeshare on LH metal in P class earn anything in TK's M&S? LH P of course is 0% but UA P is showing as 100%.
Avoid codeshares on *A. The operating carrier's code is the one that counts - at least for crediting to a third party ffp such as TK M&S - but you often can't even find out what the underlying code is.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by craigthemif
A lowly UA Silver from Marriott Titanium gets you more benefits on UA metal than TK E+...

Hopefully the OP's mention of JetBlue Mint means J/F travel, so not really a concern to use TK M&S the whole way through...
Yes UAMP S gives you E+ seats on UA flights, *A gets nothing except the extra bag and lounge access.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Yes UAMP S gives you E+ seats on UA flights, *A gets nothing except the extra bag and lounge access.
Partner *G would give preferred ( front row ) seating in the Main Economy cabin ( not EconomyPlus ) at online check-in without an extra charge.
Stil and nacho like this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Partner *G would give preferred ( front row ) seating in the Main Economy cabin ( not EconomyPlus ) at online check-in without an extra charge.
I didn't recall this when I was flying with them pre-Covid (last time was Dec 2019). I guess it must be something new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.