Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

[Customer Service] (My) first time ever: amazing TK call center service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:12 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

I do not think we have a dedicated thread on TK call center service (we moan all over the place, instead), so let me open a new thread.

So, we all know how it is – TK is great inflight and terrible on the ground. I do (did?) everything possible to avoid any interactions with TK or TGS Customer Service agents. However, I had the 30% discount redemption ticket to fly to the USA. As I was worried about Omikron surge (this is not a very recent story – somehow didn’t have time to report it earlier), I took an advantage of IST-ORD flight cancellation to refund the ticket.

I called the Elite Plus number that is on the back of the FF card. To my surprise the call was picked up in like 3-5 minutes. A very nice agent with an excellent command of English (and very little Turkish accent) told me the options, I confirmed I like to have the refund. She said it will take 3 minutes to process it in the system, but I will have to wait for miles/money for a few days (which is fine with me). However, she became worried, that if the miles were to expire in December 2021, I would not get them back. I told her, they were still valid for at least a year when I was making the redemption, but she decided to call M&S to confirm. She put me on hold for like 2-3 minutes. Then she said M&S folks cannot check the miles validity but ask to go through the Customer Service form and – if needed – they will extend the miles validity for me. She said, if she refunds the ticket issued with already expired miles, they will be gone for good (which I believe is consistent with what people report on this forum).

While I was sure miles were not to expire in December 2022, I thanked her (she was genuinely worried) and sent a form.

Now this is when the amazing stuff starts – 10 minutes later someone from M&S called me. Her English was very good, but he had strong Turkish accent. She confirmed the miles has not expired, asked if I still like a refund, put me on hold for like 1 minute and then confirmed refund is processed.

5 minutes later miles returned to my account and money shown up on my account on the following afternoon.

I have been EP with TK for the last 6 or 7 years and this is probably the second time I am totally blown away by TK Customer Service (the first time was when I had a complicated IROP in BKK and they went above and beyond to send me to Europe on the same day).

Also – to keep stuff in perspective: I think I let go AA vouchers worth about 200 USD as after numerous attempts to get to AA call center (that in total took me 3-4 hours), I decided my time and mental well-being are more important than USD 200.

Anyway, I hope this was not a one-off great experience and TK started working on improving ground services…
DaveS and nacho like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by TPJ
I do not think we have a dedicated thread on TK call center service (we moan all over the place, instead), so let me open a new thread.

So, we all know how it is – TK is great inflight and terrible on the ground. I do (did?) everything possible to avoid any interactions with TK or TGS Customer Service agents. However, I had the 30% discount redemption ticket to fly to the USA. As I was worried about Omikron surge (this is not a very recent story – somehow didn’t have time to report it earlier), I took an advantage of IST-ORD flight cancellation to refund the ticket.

I called the Elite Plus number that is on the back of the FF card. To my surprise the call was picked up in like 3-5 minutes. A very nice agent with an excellent command of English (and very little Turkish accent) told me the options, I confirmed I like to have the refund. She said it will take 3 minutes to process it in the system, but I will have to wait for miles/money for a few days (which is fine with me). However, she became worried, that if the miles were to expire in December 2021, I would not get them back. I told her, they were still valid for at least a year when I was making the redemption, but she decided to call M&S to confirm. She put me on hold for like 2-3 minutes. Then she said M&S folks cannot check the miles validity but ask to go through the Customer Service form and – if needed – they will extend the miles validity for me. She said, if she refunds the ticket issued with already expired miles, they will be gone for good (which I believe is consistent with what people report on this forum).

While I was sure miles were not to expire in December 2022, I thanked her (she was genuinely worried) and sent a form.

Now this is when the amazing stuff starts – 10 minutes later someone from M&S called me. Her English was very good, but he had strong Turkish accent. She confirmed the miles has not expired, asked if I still like a refund, put me on hold for like 1 minute and then confirmed refund is processed.

5 minutes later miles returned to my account and money shown up on my account on the following afternoon.

I have been EP with TK for the last 6 or 7 years and this is probably the second time I am totally blown away by TK Customer Service (the first time was when I had a complicated IROP in BKK and they went above and beyond to send me to Europe on the same day).

Also – to keep stuff in perspective: I think I let go AA vouchers worth about 200 USD as after numerous attempts to get to AA call center (that in total took me 3-4 hours), I decided my time and mental well-being are more important than USD 200.

Anyway, I hope this was not a one-off great experience and TK started working on improving ground services…
I had a similar good experience in BKK last month. My TK flight was delayed several hours because of a tech problem which I did not know about. The lady at the TK ticket desk where I just asked which lounge was best to use had already started the process to rebook me onto a LH flight which got me back to London about the same time. I have also been called back by TK a few times recently when trying to sort out other problems and the call centre has always answered very quickly.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:26 pm

Which call centre number did you all? I am non elite and need help with current award booking.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Call the number of your local ticket office. It will most likely be transferred into a TK call center
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:18 am
TPJ
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by tboons
Which call centre number did you all? I am non elite and need help with current award booking.
It will not help you much if we share the Elite Plus number as your FF number will be verified, anyway...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I just had the usual not so great service.

Flying one TK leg in the middle of an otherwise UA series of flights in business

Called to get seats assigned as the website would not accept my TK confirmation number.

The agent was scattered all over the place asking seemingly unconnected questions and then not even waiting for my answer before moving on. I started the conversation by saying that I wanted to get seats assigned, and she responded "OK" 15 minutes later after multiple odd questions she then asked "what did you want to do". After many "just a minutes" she said that I'd have to call back since their system was being updated at the moment. As the final blow she said that I'd need to call back to "purchase" the seats. I reminded her that I was in business...
Old Mar 8, 2022, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by milepig
I just had the usual not so great service.

Flying one TK leg in the middle of an otherwise UA series of flights in business

Called to get seats assigned as the website would not accept my TK confirmation number.

The agent was scattered all over the place asking seemingly unconnected questions and then not even waiting for my answer before moving on. I started the conversation by saying that I wanted to get seats assigned, and she responded "OK" 15 minutes later after multiple odd questions she then asked "what did you want to do". After many "just a minutes" she said that I'd have to call back since their system was being updated at the moment. As the final blow she said that I'd need to call back to "purchase" the seats. I reminded her that I was in business...
After reading a couple threads I just downloaded the TK app and was able to get seats assigned there.
rozy and rydeordie99 like this.

Last edited by milepig; Mar 8, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Old Mar 11, 2022, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by milepig
After reading a couple threads I just downloaded the TK app and was able to get seats assigned there.
Thank you for this. Worked for my Air Canada itinerary with a few TK flights. Not sure why customer service couldn't do the seats either but the App could.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:24 am

800-874-8875, found this # in my app. Hold time was less than 2 minutes and the agent was very competent.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:36 am

I will add another positive story. I had to talk to an agent because some award flights were rescheduled or canceled. I always had good experiences with my local ticket office, but not this time: hold times of 30-40 minutes that all ended in dropped calls, two days in a row. I bit the bullet and called the US toll-free number listed on the TK website. Keyed in my FF number (maybe this helped) and had an agent in two minutes. He wasn't perfectly knowledgable (couldn't find availability for the flights I wanted; I had to ask him to try other booking classes, as the changes were not voluntary). But he managed to do everything I needed, in less than 30 minutes, and very politely, too. He spoke very decent English. Overall, a good experience.

Shuly
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.