Schedule change for award C ticket

Old Feb 11, 22, 6:17 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 9,479
Schedule change for award C ticket

Just got several emails from TK regarding schedule change for my flight from CPH to JFK. The IST-CPH flight has been cancelled - the app has no rebooking option and said I need to call TK.

My trip is in late April so I don't know if I should call now or I should wait until later.

Last time we had a schedule change TK gave me a suggested change and all I needed to do was to confirm it. This time it's just said the flight has been cancelled. When it is like that would I be able to change the return date with charge? There's an earlier flight back to CPH but I'd rather have more time in IST, so I'm wondering if it's possible to take a later flight home instead. I guess I won't be able to make use of the stopover in Istanbul offer.

Thanks in advance!
nacho is offline  
Old Feb 11, 22, 6:40 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: ARN
Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Posts: 787
I am in a similar situation.
Is it worth calling now, or will there be more changes as they are continuously updating their summer schedule for the time being?
Looking at the route I am flying, they have cut back the service drastically from two/more flights per day to one per day, which does not seem plausible.
Any opinions as to waiting a few weeks before calling? Or would it be too late when the seats are all snapped up by then?
iamaho is offline  
Old Feb 11, 22, 8:23 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,253
Guys, there is separe thread about rebooking following (Covid) cancellations; try search there. Many of us have received notitications from TK this morning.

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options - Page 23 - FlyerTalk Forums

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 11, 22 at 8:31 am
SK AAR is offline  
Old Feb 11, 22, 8:24 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,253
Originally Posted by iamaho View Post
Any opinions as to waiting a few weeks before calling? Or would it be too late when the seats are all snapped up by then?
Unlikely, because you don't need X/I class to be available. Give it a few days/weeks to let the dust settle - also for you to have time to consider your options before making a choise (you already know that you can only rebook 1 time for free). There is no hurry or need to call now.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Feb 11, 22, 8:28 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,253
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Just got several emails from TK regarding schedule change for my flight from CPH to JFK. The IST-CPH flight has been cancelled - the app has no rebooking option and said I need to call TK.

My trip is in late April so I don't know if I should call now or I should wait until later.

Last time we had a schedule change TK gave me a suggested change and all I needed to do was to confirm it. This time it's just said the flight has been cancelled. When it is like that would I be able to change the return date with charge? There's an earlier flight back to CPH but I'd rather have more time in IST, so I'm wondering if it's possible to take a later flight home instead. I guess I won't be able to make use of the stopover in Istanbul offer.
I'm in the same boat (but not arrving from JFK). The evening fight IST to CPH has been cancelled, i.e. you will need to stay in IST until the next day (TK will provide hotel if you take the first flight available (next morning) to CPH; if you take any later flights TK will not pay the hotel). Give it a few days and call to rebook when you have made up your mind. No need to call now.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Feb 11, 22, 8:51 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 9,479
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Unlikely, because you don't need X/I class to be available. Give it a few days/weeks to let the dust settle - also for you to have time to consider your options before making a choise (you already know that you can only rebook 1 time for free). There is no hurry or need to call now.
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
I'm in the same boat (but not arrving from JFK). The evening fight IST to CPH has been cancelled, i.e. you will need to stay in IST until the next day (TK will provide hotel if you take the first flight available (next morning) to CPH; if you take any later flights TK will not pay the hotel). Give it a few days and call to rebook when you have made up your mind. No need to call now.
Called TK - they said these are the options:

1. Shift the whole trip to leave a day before or after the planned date
2. Get the points back (not possible as they expired already)
3. Move the return day by 1 day

I checked the availability for I class online but it's very different than what the agent offered me - basically online has about 4x more choices. I don't want a 2h connection because it's too rough and I haven't been to IST lounge over 2 years by then and I seriously miss it. I was thinking about using the stopover but I'm not sure I'm eligible.
nacho is offline  
Old Feb 11, 22, 9:14 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,253
1. Shift the whole trip to leave a day before or after the planned date.
BS! Call again. My booking was rebooked to almost 1 month earlier; no issue/departing next week now! I had the same cancellation like you (last segment IST-CPH cancelled).
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I checked the availability for I class online but it's very different than what the agent offered me - basically online has about 4x more choices. I don't want a 2h connection because it's too rough and I haven't been to IST lounge over 2 years by then and I seriously miss it. I was thinking about using the stopover but I'm not sure I'm eligible.
You need to ask for specifik flights you see online - I had to do this.
2h connection is absolutely fine; no issue and you will have time to spend at the lounge. If you choose a later flight (which should be possible, just ask for it) you will no longer be eligible for the free hotel provided by TK (this is not the stop-over program; there are separate threads for both).
SK AAR is offline  
Old Feb 12, 22, 8:04 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Silver, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,Sixt Platinum
Posts: 13,210
Just to let you know, knowledgable phone agents and sales offices would know how to override "I" fare bucket availability on these situations. As the OP had a cancellation, in normal cases "I" fare bucket availability isn't required during an involuntary rebooking situation.
ISTFlyer is offline  
Old Feb 13, 22, 5:37 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 9,479
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Just to let you know, knowledgable phone agents and sales offices would know how to override "I" fare bucket availability on these situations. As the OP had a cancellation, in normal cases "I" fare bucket availability isn't required during an involuntary rebooking situation.
Talked to another incompetent agent, now he said that the seats are on hold and even if they give me the seats I have to pay the difference in miles.

Trying agent #3 ...

Agent 3 seems to be able to change the destination + date. Now let's see if the new itinerary can be ticketed (he said it will take up to 3 days).

Last edited by nacho; Feb 13, 22 at 5:53 am
nacho is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:26 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: TK*G
Posts: 167
Same for me for JFK in July, but Turkish didn't cancel the flight. It has been only moved 15 minutes before. The worst thing is that aircraft changed from 787 to 777. :-(
Maux is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:31 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,253
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Agent 3 seems to be able to change the destination + date. Now let's see if the new itinerary can be ticketed (he said it will take up to 3 days).
Friday last week my M&S award was re-ticketed instantly/while on the phone w/ agent for rebooking, incl. change of dest.
SK AAR is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 11:20 am
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 9,479
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Friday last week my M&S award was re-ticketed instantly/while on the phone w/ agent for rebooking, incl. change of dest.
Got my destination, date and duration changed.

Checked on the app today and the new itinerary is there.
nacho is offline  
Old Feb 14, 22, 2:10 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite
Posts: 9,253
You were also able to change the duration of the trip?

The 2 TK agents I talked to Friday last week accepted to rebook the M&S ticket for new dates but insisted that the duration of the trip should be the same number of travel days.

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 14, 22 at 2:16 pm
SK AAR is offline  
Old Feb 16, 22, 3:14 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CPH
Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Posts: 9,479
Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
You were also able to change the duration of the trip?

The 2 TK agents I talked to Friday last week accepted to rebook the M&S ticket for new dates but insisted that the duration of the trip should be the same number of travel days.
YES! Got 4 days more. He said it's a one time change so there's no more change after this.
nacho is offline  
Old Feb 16, 22, 8:51 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK, AFKL, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton
Posts: 7,110
I am also affected, for an award trip in late April using (now expired) miles. Haven't called in yet, not looking forward to dealing with incompetent agents...
airoli is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread