Search

Schedule change for award C ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Schedule change for award C ticket

Just got several emails from TK regarding schedule change for my flight from CPH to JFK. The IST-CPH flight has been cancelled - the app has no rebooking option and said I need to call TK.

My trip is in late April so I don't know if I should call now or I should wait until later.

Last time we had a schedule change TK gave me a suggested change and all I needed to do was to confirm it. This time it's just said the flight has been cancelled. When it is like that would I be able to change the return date with charge? There's an earlier flight back to CPH but I'd rather have more time in IST, so I'm wondering if it's possible to take a later flight home instead. I guess I won't be able to make use of the stopover in Istanbul offer.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 11, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
I am in a similar situation.
Is it worth calling now, or will there be more changes as they are continuously updating their summer schedule for the time being?
Looking at the route I am flying, they have cut back the service drastically from two/more flights per day to one per day, which does not seem plausible.
Any opinions as to waiting a few weeks before calling? Or would it be too late when the seats are all snapped up by then?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Guys, there is separe thread about rebooking following (Covid) cancellations; try search there. Many of us have received notitications from TK this morning.

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options - Page 23 - FlyerTalk Forums

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 11, 2022 at 7:31 am
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iamaho
Any opinions as to waiting a few weeks before calling? Or would it be too late when the seats are all snapped up by then?
Unlikely, because you don't need X/I class to be available. Give it a few days/weeks to let the dust settle - also for you to have time to consider your options before making a choise (you already know that you can only rebook 1 time for free). There is no hurry or need to call now.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
Just got several emails from TK regarding schedule change for my flight from CPH to JFK. The IST-CPH flight has been cancelled - the app has no rebooking option and said I need to call TK.

My trip is in late April so I don't know if I should call now or I should wait until later.

Last time we had a schedule change TK gave me a suggested change and all I needed to do was to confirm it. This time it's just said the flight has been cancelled. When it is like that would I be able to change the return date with charge? There's an earlier flight back to CPH but I'd rather have more time in IST, so I'm wondering if it's possible to take a later flight home instead. I guess I won't be able to make use of the stopover in Istanbul offer.
I'm in the same boat (but not arrving from JFK). The evening fight IST to CPH has been cancelled, i.e. you will need to stay in IST until the next day (TK will provide hotel if you take the first flight available (next morning) to CPH; if you take any later flights TK will not pay the hotel). Give it a few days and call to rebook when you have made up your mind. No need to call now.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Unlikely, because you don't need X/I class to be available. Give it a few days/weeks to let the dust settle - also for you to have time to consider your options before making a choise (you already know that you can only rebook 1 time for free). There is no hurry or need to call now.
I'm in the same boat (but not arrving from JFK). The evening fight IST to CPH has been cancelled, i.e. you will need to stay in IST until the next day (TK will provide hotel if you take the first flight available (next morning) to CPH; if you take any later flights TK will not pay the hotel). Give it a few days and call to rebook when you have made up your mind. No need to call now.
Called TK - they said these are the options:

1. Shift the whole trip to leave a day before or after the planned date
2. Get the points back (not possible as they expired already)
3. Move the return day by 1 day

I checked the availability for I class online but it's very different than what the agent offered me - basically online has about 4x more choices. I don't want a 2h connection because it's too rough and I haven't been to IST lounge over 2 years by then and I seriously miss it. I was thinking about using the stopover but I'm not sure I'm eligible.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. Shift the whole trip to leave a day before or after the planned date.
BS! Call again. My booking was rebooked to almost 1 month earlier; no issue/departing next week now! I had the same cancellation like you (last segment IST-CPH cancelled).
I checked the availability for I class online but it's very different than what the agent offered me - basically online has about 4x more choices. I don't want a 2h connection because it's too rough and I haven't been to IST lounge over 2 years by then and I seriously miss it. I was thinking about using the stopover but I'm not sure I'm eligible.
You need to ask for specifik flights you see online - I had to do this.
2h connection is absolutely fine; no issue and you will have time to spend at the lounge. If you choose a later flight (which should be possible, just ask for it) you will no longer be eligible for the free hotel provided by TK (this is not the stop-over program; there are separate threads for both).
Old Feb 12, 2022, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just to let you know, knowledgable phone agents and sales offices would know how to override "I" fare bucket availability on these situations. As the OP had a cancellation, in normal cases "I" fare bucket availability isn't required during an involuntary rebooking situation.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just to let you know, knowledgable phone agents and sales offices would know how to override "I" fare bucket availability on these situations. As the OP had a cancellation, in normal cases "I" fare bucket availability isn't required during an involuntary rebooking situation.
Talked to another incompetent agent, now he said that the seats are on hold and even if they give me the seats I have to pay the difference in miles.

Trying agent #3 ...

Agent 3 seems to be able to change the destination + date. Now let's see if the new itinerary can be ticketed (he said it will take up to 3 days).

Last edited by nacho; Feb 13, 2022 at 4:53 am
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:26 am

Programs: TK*G
Same for me for JFK in July, but Turkish didn't cancel the flight. It has been only moved 15 minutes before. The worst thing is that aircraft changed from 787 to 777. :-(
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agent 3 seems to be able to change the destination + date. Now let's see if the new itinerary can be ticketed (he said it will take up to 3 days).
Friday last week my M&S award was re-ticketed instantly/while on the phone w/ agent for rebooking, incl. change of dest.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Friday last week my M&S award was re-ticketed instantly/while on the phone w/ agent for rebooking, incl. change of dest.
Got my destination, date and duration changed.

Checked on the app today and the new itinerary is there.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You were also able to change the duration of the trip?

The 2 TK agents I talked to Friday last week accepted to rebook the M&S ticket for new dates but insisted that the duration of the trip should be the same number of travel days.

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 14, 2022 at 1:16 pm
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You were also able to change the duration of the trip?

The 2 TK agents I talked to Friday last week accepted to rebook the M&S ticket for new dates but insisted that the duration of the trip should be the same number of travel days.
YES! Got 4 days more. He said it's a one time change so there's no more change after this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I am also affected, for an award trip in late April using (now expired) miles. Haven't called in yet, not looking forward to dealing with incompetent agents...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.