Seat reservations on award flights

Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Seat reservations on award flights

Hi,
I have an upcoming award flight (ARN-IST-SIN) with Turkish Airlines and I've noticed that I was not able to pick seat (business) - Does anyone know is this is common? It's my first flight with Turkish Airlines do I don't have a whole lot of experience. The flight was booked on SAS. The flight is not due for three months.
Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I made an award reservation at a partner airline site for Turkish Airline flights and similarly was not able to choose seats at the TK web site. Following the advice I received on FlyerTalk (thanks, FT!), I downloaded the TK iOS app and was able to choose seats using the app. Good luck.
Xelodia likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
If I recall correctly seat reservation is not available until 99 days out from the flight date.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:38 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by sydunipete
If I recall correctly seat reservation is not available until 99 days out from the flight date.
App allows for seat selection at any time prior to departure. Just download the App and you will be able to assign seats.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
I made an award reservation at a partner airline site for Turkish Airline flights and similarly was not able to choose seats at the TK web site. Following the advice I received on FlyerTalk (thanks, FT!), I downloaded the TK iOS app and was able to choose seats using the app. Good luck.
Thanks that was great news.
I tried that but was equally unsuccessful there.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydunipete
My flight is scheduled for around 75 days, but no rush, just curios why it was not possible. Have another leg with LH and I was able to select seats there without any issues on SAS.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: TK Elite
I booked two award tickets to Singapore from Paris in late April early May and was able to select seats without any problems both on the application and on the website
Old Jan 2, 2022, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I booked two award tickets to Singapore from Paris in late April early May and was able to select seats without any problems both on the application and on the website
Yeah but for M/S awards it is much easier/no issue; you can do it on by app or web. The OP inquired about TK flights booked with EB points/as SK/EB award/117 ticket stock, which is completely different.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TPJ
App allows for seat selection at any time prior to departure. Just download the App and you will be able to assign seats.
My flight was almost 300 days in the future when I reserved seats, so my DP supports what TPJ says.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Yeah but for M/S awards it is much easier/no issue; you can do it on by app or web. The OP inquired about TK flights booked with EB points/as SK/EB award/117 ticket stock, which is completely different.
My TK award flight was booked with MileagePlus points on 016 ticket. I don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent; I just mention it in case someone smarter that I am can explain the relevance.

Originally Posted by DirektornSE
Thanks that was great news.
I tried that but was equally unsuccessful there.
Sorry about that, and I wish you luck.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serpens
My flight was almost 300 days in the future when I reserved seats, so my DP supports what TPJ says.

My TK award flight was booked with MileagePlus points on 016 ticket. I don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent; I just mention it in case someone smarter that I am can explain the relevance.

Sorry about that, and I wish you luck.
I'll revert back to the old telephone line next week. I just hate waiting in queue.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:53 am

I'll revert back to the old telephone line next week. I just hate waiting in queue.
To reserve seats on TK legs of a Eurobonus award booking, you need to use the TK app and the TK PNR. The TK PNR is usually listed on each TK flight in your itinerary(check the booking confirmation you received via email from SAS). Or you can add your flight to checkmytrip.com, and it will display your TK PNR there. Alternatively, you can contact SAS customer service to have them select seats for you.
silverferrari likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is correct. You need to make sure that you enter the TK PNR in the app which is different form the SK /Amadeus PNR that EB refers to/is stated on the e-ticket receipt from SAS EB.
Hafnia likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Biggd0gg
use the TK app and the TK PNR. .
That did the trick. I just assumed the SAS PNR was used for all legs as no TK PNR was found. Following your advice I used CheckMyTrip, found the TK PNR and was able to make a seat reservation using the app previously suggested. Trying to use the TK website did not work, I just got a message that this booking was done using a partner and I had to contact the partner.
So now I was able to select seats for all TK legs. sweet The new TK BC cabin on the Dreamliner looks really nice.

Thanks to everyone here for helping out. This is my first award trip, I made my first BC trip in 2017 so quite new to this
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:56 am

That did the trick. I just assumed the SAS PNR was used for all legs as no TK PNR was found. Following your advice I used CheckMyTrip, found the TK PNR and was able to make a seat reservation using the app previously suggested. Trying to use the TK website did not work, I just got a message that this booking was done using a partner and I had to contact the partner.
So now I was able to select seats for all TK legs. sweet The new TK BC cabin on the Dreamliner looks really nice.

Thanks to everyone here for helping out. This is my first award trip, I made my first BC trip in 2017 so quite new to this
Enjoy your flights
Old Jan 11, 2022, 9:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

That did the trick. [...]
I'm glad it worked for you.
[...] quite new to this
You and me both.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.