Seat reservations on award flights

Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
What if the app won't let you choose seats? This is on an Aeroplan/014 ticket, if that matters. I originally assigned seats in the app, but those got wiped for some reason and now I can't go back to choose seats.
my app wouldn't allow me to select seats either. i called TK again this morning and the rep offered to email the reservations supervisor and request two seats for my wife and I. we'll see what happens. i would be very upset if we got stuck in two separate middle seats... embarrassing for business class
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Amazing how TK's woeful IT and customer service can combine to create such an awful customer experience over something as simple as seat selection.
nwflyboy and the810 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
Amazing how TK's woeful IT and customer service can combine to create such an awful customer experience over something as simple as seat selection.
terrible. to their credit i was able to book two award tickets in business on their website though! that was an issue before where you could only book for yourself and not for another.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Befuddled!

I'm confused by all this, and I can't face a call to customer service - can anyone de-confuse me?

Elite+ travelling in economy on a TK cash ticket - can I select seats (a) free, (b) for a fee?

Elite+ travelling in economy on a Lufthansa (M&M) award ticket - can I select seats (a) free, (b) for a fee?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'm confused by all this, and I can't face a call to customer service - can anyone de-confuse me?

Elite+ travelling in economy on a TK cash ticket - can I select seats (a) free, (b) for a fee?

Elite+ travelling in economy on a Lufthansa (M&M) award ticket - can I select seats (a) free, (b) for a fee?
If you're speaking about TK flights, regardless of the ticket stock you booked, if the Elite/Elite Plus membership is in the booking, standard seating is free of charge.
Sometimes on partner issued tickets, the system would act up and ask to charge money but filling a feedback form would quickly solve the issue as someone from the back-office would manually waive the seating charge.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you're speaking about TK flights, regardless of the ticket stock you booked, if the Elite/Elite Plus membership is in the booking, standard seating is free of charge.
Sometimes on partner issued tickets, the system would act up and ask to charge money but filling a feedback form would quickly solve the issue as someone from the back-office would manually waive the seating charge.
Thanks - I remembered there was some fly in the ointment, but failed to recollect exactly what. It's the "standard seating only": difficult to swallow after we are treated so roally by QR and BA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.