Seat reservations on award flights

Old May 27, 2023, 2:16 pm

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Is there an update on this? No TK pnr on the sas booking confirmation and nothing showing in check my trip either.

any hints welcome.
Old May 27, 2023, 5:34 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
You have to call SK, they will give you the TK PNR. Then you can use the app to select the seats as outlined above. Did it myself for TK flights on an SK-issued ticket two days ago, worked like a charm.
Hafnia likes this.
Old May 28, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
Originally Posted by gojko88
You have to call SK, they will give you the TK PNR. Then you can use the app to select the seats as outlined above. Did it myself for TK flights on an SK-issued ticket two days ago, worked like a charm.
Many thanks - got through to SK on the web chat and they gave me the PNR straight away. A little quirk however was that I got an error message on the website, but the app worked fine.
Old May 28, 2023, 12:46 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by swiss Julie
A little quirk however was that I got an error message on the website, but the app worked fine.
That is normal
Old Oct 13, 2023, 2:48 am

I have an award booking made where one leg is TK economy, the rest is business with other airlines. I have the TK PNR, but I cannot select seats for the TK leg. I guess this might be assoicated with a cost, but I do not even get the option to select seats. It is no sweat really, just nice to know and also, it feels like the booking is "more confirmed" if seat selection is possible if you know what I mean.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by RhinoG
I have an award booking made where one leg is TK economy, the rest is business with other airlines. I have the TK PNR, but I cannot select seats for the TK leg. I guess this might be assoicated with a cost, but I do not even get the option to select seats. It is no sweat really, just nice to know and also, it feels like the booking is "more confirmed" if seat selection is possible if you know what I mean.
Try the TK app.
It's a known issue that on partner awards, you can't select seats on the TK website.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by RhinoG
..and also, it feels like the booking is "more confirmed" if seat selection is possible if you know what I mean.
Your feeling is not correct. Confirmed (and ticketed) is confirmed regardless of seat is assigned or not.
RhinoG likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Try the TK app.
It's a known issue that on partner awards, you can't select seats on the TK website.
Thank you! I was actually looking in the app, but I suspect the mixed cabins was the answer. Either way, I unfortunately had to rebook anyway since another segment later in the trip was cancelled.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:43 am

Same issue but app doesnt work

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Try the TK app.
Hello, I made an award booking for 2 passengers in business. sfo-ist-bkk. Turkish to Istanbul and Thai from Istanbul to Bangkok. I made the booking through United. I tried the website and had no luck. I tried calling and was told by the customer service rep that award tickets from partners dont allow you to select seats. I tried the app as previously suggested but am getting the same error message. Possible United issue VS SAS?? Is there anything else you are aware of that I can try?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:55 am

i have the same issue. I made a united award booking from ORD to IST in business class. I cannot select seats. When i go to the TK website or app it asks me for the ticket number that begins in 235, but the ticket number i have begins with 061. I called turkish and they said they cannot select seats and to select at the airport at check in.. i dont want to be stuck in a middle seat.. any ideas?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call United? This is a 016 ticket /UA award.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Call United? This is a 016 ticket /UA award.
i have sent them a message on twitter and awaiting a response but not holding out any hope that they have a 235 ticket number
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:22 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by omaralt
i have sent them a message on twitter and awaiting a response but not holding out any hope that they have a 235 ticket number
IIRC UA App (or maybe web?) shows partner airline PNR numbers (you should see TK Troy PNR and TG Amadeus PNR numbers). Then you need to download TK App and use Troy PNR number and the last name to retrieve the PNR. You can then DYI the seat selection.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by omaralt
There is no 235 ticket No. (the award it ticketed on 016 ticket stock) so UA will not have a 235 ticket No. for you.

UA may have TK PNR /reserv. No. (is different from the UA reserv. No /Amadeus reservation No.) which you need to look up the reservation in the TK app.
panchy likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 8:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
What if the app won't let you choose seats? This is on an Aeroplan/014 ticket, if that matters. I originally assigned seats in the app, but those got wiped for some reason and now I can't go back to choose seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.