Wiki Posts
Search

Status Miles on Partner Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Status Miles on Partner Airlines

Hi all. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before, but I am fairly new to Miles&Smiles as I recently status matched to Elite.

I am planning a trip US -> India and am looking at Star Alliance partners because Turkish is showing flights as not available. I found a Lufthansa fare that is premium economy on the outbound, economy on the inbound for about $150 more than the cheapest fare on a non *A carrier. I don't mind paying the extra $150 since I'll be getting premium economy and other benefits with *G status, but was wondering if you earn any status miles on M&S with partner airlines or if you just earn redeemable miles?
Old Nov 11, 2021, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You have to be very, very careful with the fare classes on the partner airlines, to make sure that you can earn miles with TK. LH, Swiss and Ethiopian are notorious for having fare classes that earn nothing with partners.

You can check wheretocredit.com or the TK website.

But, yes, you would earn status miles as well as redeemable miles.
DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:36 am

LH P class (deeply discounted business) is a good example of that. It earns 0 with TK M&S but 100% with AC Aeroplan for international flights.

So follow craigthemif good advice and make wheretocredit.com your friend
ccraigthemifraigthemif
Old Nov 11, 2021, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Thank you both. Will check to see if it is worth it!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:45 pm

Swiss rolled out PE in March, but the TK mileage chart remains unchanged (no mention of PE, discount PE gets 0% as N). PE earns 100-135% for LH and OS. How often does TK update their mileage earning chart? My fear is that LX N will end up like LH P, forever lost in the land of zero. If TK had PE, I would be happy to give them my business. In the absence of that, is it too much to ask that they credit all of the LH group airlines equally?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:50 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by downinit
Swiss rolled out PE in March, but the TK mileage chart remains unchanged (no mention of PE, discount PE gets 0% as N). PE earns 100-135% for LH and OS. How often does TK update their mileage earning chart? My fear is that LX N will end up like LH P, forever lost in the land of zero. If TK had PE, I would be happy to give them my business. In the absence of that, is it too much to ask that they credit all of the LH group airlines equally?
This is not entirely up to TK as mileage earning arrangements are a bilateral agreement between the airlines concerned. The LH P case for example is not an error but a deliberate LH choice. To answer your question they are updated irregularly.

PS: TK used to have premium economy (way ahead of its time) but abandoned it some years back. I don't think it features in any of their plans for the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.