Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duty free after immigration with PCR

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

Duty free after immigration with PCR

Is 3 hours layover enough to go through immigration + do duty free shopping (the cheaper one after immigration) and get back? Can I pass through immigration considering I filled the necessary form and I show negative PCR test? I have flight KUL-IST-VIE. Before Covid I used to do this without problem.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Are you speaking of the arrivals duty free store that is located in the baggage claim hall?
If so, you could clear immigration if you fill out the passenger locator form and have a negative COVID-19 PCR test which meets Turkey's entry requirements and shop at the arrivals level duty free.

There are no extra COVID related checks so a 3 hour layover should be fine depending on the immigration wait times.
However, be aware that you wouldn't be able to take liquids over 100mL ( alcohol, perfumes ) onboard to your onward flight to VIE unless they are in a sealed bag. Obviously, you could check a carry-on at IST at the regular check-in counter which might be your getaway if there are issues regarding taking liquids onboard to your connecting flight.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Are you speaking of the arrivals duty free store that is located in the baggage claim hall?
If so, you could clear immigration if you fill out the passenger locator form and have a negative COVID-19 PCR test which meets Turkey's entry requirements and shop at the arrivals level duty free.

There are no extra COVID related checks so a 3 hour layover should be fine depending on the immigration wait times.
However, be aware that you wouldn't be able to take liquids over 100mL ( alcohol, perfumes ) onboard to your onward flight to VIE unless they are in a sealed bag. Obviously, you could check a carry-on at IST at the regular check-in counter which might be your getaway if there are issues regarding taking liquids onboard to your connecting flight.
Correct, arrival duty free. Aiming for cigarettes as they are 30% cheaper in arrival hall than those duty free shops. I will exit airport as usual (instead of transit I clear immigration, shop at duty free and return with printed boarding pass to clear immigration again).
Old May 11, 2021, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by xhruso00
Correct, arrival duty free. Aiming for cigarettes as they are 30% cheaper in arrival hall than those duty free shops. I will exit airport as usual (instead of transit I clear immigration, shop at duty free and return with printed boarding pass to clear immigration again).
Cigarettes wouldn't cause any issues.
Definitely doable unless your incoming flight is delayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.