Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

where is the immigration or police office in Izmir for Evisa related question ?

Old May 10, 21, 2:24 am
Original Poster

I'm currently in Izmir. I wonder where I can ask about E-visa related question ? either oline or any gov official office in Izmir I can go to ask?

I have got E-visa: valid April 16 - Oct 12. My arrival date is April 16 evening.
My passport only gives me 30 days of duration of Stay. Which date I should take a flight to leave Turkey, May 16 or May15? (Apirl doesn't have April 31) because the airfare is much lower on May 16.
Here's my understanding: if they count April 17 as ONE day of duration, then May 16 will be 30 days of duration?
Old May 10, 21, 3:31 am

Programs: OWE,*A G, Bonvoy LT TE, HHonors Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by ballerinajz View Post
I'm currently in Izmir. I wonder where I can ask about E-visa related question ? either oline or any gov official office in Izmir I can go to ask?

I have got E-visa: valid April 16 - Oct 12. My arrival date is April 16 evening.
My passport only gives me 30 days of duration of Stay. Which date I should take a flight to leave Turkey, May 16 or May15? (Apirl doesn't have April 31) because the airfare is much lower on May 16.
Here's my understanding: if they count April 17 as ONE day of duration, then May 16 will be 30 days of duration?
Your 30 days period starts from April 16th(included), therefore you need leave the country(immigration control) on 15th of May. Depends of the flight time on 16th you can leave on 15th, check your bags in and stay in airside(hotel or lounge). Or ask in local immigration office about extending your visa for one day.
Old May 10, 21, 4:06 am
Original Poster

my question is where local immigration office in Izmir. or i will go to Izmir airport to ask.

my possible flight is attached here. the time i arrived at the check-in counter will be around 10pm at ESB ,and going throguh the depature area 10:30pm. so the stamp will still be on May 15 even if my flight depture time is on May 16?

Old May 10, 21, 4:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Yes you will have passes through exit formalities be be on airside before the clock strikes 12 - which is what the stamp is based on
Old May 10, 21, 5:02 am
Original Poster

so the officer doesn't care about the flight depature time as long as I get the stamp on my passport at the departure zone by the midnight ?
Old May 10, 21, 5:13 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by ballerinajz View Post
so the officer doesn't care about the flight depature time as long as I get the stamp on my passport at the departure zone by the midnight ?
Yes, exactly.
You would be stamped on the 15th. The departure date of your flight is irrelevant in this case.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: