Philippines to UK itinaries

Old May 9, 21, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Philippines to UK itinaries

I'm a British Citizen, residing in the Philippines, and I have an ever pressing need to return (that is ever getting more and more delayed) and I am keen to renew my status (which requires just one business class return before November). I know this is crystal ball gazing to the extreme, but what are your thoughts on it. For me:

1) Philippines is on the UK "red list" meaning hotel quarantine for British Citizens - am prepared to do this.
2) Philippines is currently throttling inbound pax to about 1,500 a day, and has the occasional ban on "foreigner" (even for perm. residents like myself). I am not considered "priority" for this list due to my nationality.
3) COVID situation in Manila does not seem to be improving either, although I don't live in that area.

While TK shows a daily price matrix in August for MNL departures, it won't let me book. I'm looking to travel in August or September.

Thanks all

I'd love to know your thoughts on this.
Old May 9, 21, 10:43 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by ahopkins767 View Post
I'm a British Citizen, residing in the Philippines, and I have an ever pressing need to return (that is ever getting more and more delayed) and I am keen to renew my status (which requires just one business class return before November). I know this is crystal ball gazing to the extreme, but what are your thoughts on it. For me:

1) Philippines is on the UK "red list" meaning hotel quarantine for British Citizens - am prepared to do this.
2) Philippines is currently throttling inbound pax to about 1,500 a day, and has the occasional ban on "foreigner" (even for perm. residents like myself). I am not considered "priority" for this list due to my nationality.
3) COVID situation in Manila does not seem to be improving either, although I don't live in that area.

While TK shows a daily price matrix in August for MNL departures, it won't let me book. I'm looking to travel in August or September.

Thanks all

I'd love to know your thoughts on this.
I tried to do a dummy booking for August ( MNL-IST-LHR one-way ) and it's bookable. Probably, you have encountered a technical error at that time.

Example date: 6 August

Search this Thread
Search Engine: