KTM - SFO not available...

Old May 2, 21, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

KTM - SFO not available...

Hi all,

Sort of a desperate situation as I'm in Nepal and the flights are going to be banned from Wednesday. Turkish site shows KTM - IST is available tomorrow (May 4) while IST - SFO is also available on May 5. KTM to IST route is a tad tricky as its KTM - Kualalumpur- Istanbul (operated by Malindo and then Turkish).

However, KTM - SFO isn't available. I tried calling but the reps don't seem to have communicate well.

I'm a US citizen if that matters at all.
Old May 2, 21, 11:07 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
This is a very normal situation. Connections over 24 hours wouldn't show up automatically. You would need to search for a multi-city trip and don't be surprised if the prices are super high.
Old May 3, 21, 3:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I wonder if Malaysia allows you to transit. My understanding is that many Asian countries don't allow it at the moment, not even airside.

However, if the transit is okay and if you're desperate, why not book KTM-KUL-IST just to get away from Nepal. Once you're in IST, you can then book your onward flight to the US, with or without a stopover. Turkey will let you in with a PCR.
Old May 3, 21, 6:52 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
The only ways I see to get from KTM to SFO is on EK or QR. At least for reasonably direct flights (one stop).

I don't see a bookable direct flight (KTM-IST) on Google Flights or on the TK site until May 22.

The easiest connections seem to be KTM-DXB-SFO and KTM-DOH-SFO and are currently available throughout May (EK is currently available daily but QR is only 3x or 4x weekly). Obviously with the current situation there is no guarantee that any flight you book on EK or QR will actually operate.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: