Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Is TK Out of Business? No phone numbers work

Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

The USA 800-874-8875 main number just has busy signal for past 24 hours. None of the USA local numbers I can find work either "Sorry the MAILBOX IS FULL!". I've tried two different phones. WTH???
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
The USA 800-874-8875 main number just has busy signal for past 24 hours. None of the USA local numbers I can find work either "Sorry the MAILBOX IS FULL!". I've tried two different phones. WTH???
TK is having very long wait times due to the new full lockdown that would start tomorrow night.

If your case is urgent, call the global number +90 444 0849 and be prepared to stay on hold for a long time.
becks1 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
TK is having very long wait times due to the new full lockdown that would start tomorrow night.

If your case is urgent, call the global number +90 444 0849 and be prepared to stay on hold for a long time.
Thanks ISTFlyer as usual for a quick and informative post!

I think they have turned off the USA number due to call backups, or maybe they had to send folks home from the call center. Who knows.. Thankfully not urgent, just need to fix an August itinerary they broke overnight.

Crazy crazy. I did not know until your post they instituted a "full lockdown". Just goes to show luck is everything right now, just got back from Bodrum last week (glorious).
DaveS likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Any idea if this lockdown will affect airside transit at IST?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, TK E+, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Any idea if this lockdown will affect airside transit at IST?
I dont think so, but I expect some, maybe some more flight cancellations on international and of course domestic flights.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fvn1312
I dont think so, but I expect some, maybe some more flight cancellations on international and of course domestic flights.
Thanks. Lounges shut down? Reversion to limited catering in longhaul J?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:16 pm

Thumbs up

Both questions would be interesting for me too. If no one answers, I will arrive in IST 4th of May and depart two days later. Will let you know.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The new restriction does not affect airport operations, thus TK would not reduce catering nor close the M&S Lounge in IST
ffay005 and DaveS like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new restriction does not affect airport operations, thus TK would not reduce catering nor close the M&S Lounge in IST
Thanks. Is the Business Class lounge open and what level of service is being offered if it is?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:19 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
There is extensive discussion on that in the lounge thread.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
The USA 800-874-8875 main number just has busy signal for past 24 hours.
I experienced the same yesterday when dialing the number for Ukraine, however, if you try dialing 102-20-30 times you will succeed.... It seemed more of a technical issue rather than agents being busy issue because once I got connected and went through all the options the actual wait time was only a few minutes.
Also, see if there is an e-mail address, I e-mail the Kiev office and got a very quick response.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:00 pm

Super helpful! I waited around 25 minutes so it is not the end of the world
Old Apr 29, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
Originally Posted by FranzFerdinandII
Both questions would be interesting for me too. If no one answers, I will arrive in IST 4th of May and depart two days later. Will let you know.
Reason of the sudden lockdown is believed to be 5 people in Istanbul with Indian covid variant.

TRT state tv in turkish
Old Apr 29, 2021, 6:29 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by ovacikar
Reason of the sudden lockdown is believed to be 5 people in Istanbul with Indian covid variant.

TRT state tv in turkish
I hope it really is from just 5 people; that should stabilize things before June.
Old May 3, 2021, 3:17 pm

As of today, their US call center is still down

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.