Morocco flights operating in May?

Old Apr 17, 21, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Morocco flights operating in May?

I知 booked from JFK-IST-CMN in the end of May. Seems Morocco is currently banning flights from Turkey. Any expectation that they値l reopen by the end of May, or should we expect the current situation to continue? Would love to go, but if country is shut down and TK not flying there I壇 just change my flights to later in the year.
Old Apr 18, 21, 7:20 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
It's up to the Moroccan government to decide if they are going to lift the ban or not.
With the current number of positive COVID-19 cases in Turkey, I don't think that Morocco would lift their ban for flights from Turkey at this point.
Old Apr 18, 21, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
It's up to the Moroccan government to decide if they are going to lift the ban or not.
With the current number of positive COVID-19 cases in Turkey, I don't think that Morocco would lift their ban for flights from Turkey at this point.
Yeah that痴 what I figured. If that痴 the case, then I guess TK will cancel the flights and I値l get the chance to move my trip to later in the year (which I wanted to do anyway).

EDIT: Checking the TK schedule and not seeing any flights to Morocco for the next 3 weeks. Any guess as to when they壇 make the decision to cancel flights 3 weeks later?
Old May 7, 21, 11:45 am
Original Poster

As expected, they cancelled my flight. So now I'm entitled to change the flight to a later date, right? 30 days ahead wouldn't work for me so I'd want to change it to the end of the year, or better yet to early next year. Are they allowing changes up to March 31, 2022?
Old May 7, 21, 11:47 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by dtphonehome View Post
As expected, they cancelled my flight. So now I'm entitled to change the flight to a later date, right? 30 days ahead wouldn't work for me so I'd want to change it to the end of the year, or better yet to early next year. Are they allowing changes up to March 31, 2022?
Yes, you would be able to rebook your travel until March 31, 2022 where your travel should be completed.
dtphonehome likes this.
Old May 7, 21, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Yes, you would be able to rebook your travel until March 31, 2022 where your travel should be completed.
Agent I spoke to says I can only make a change without penalty until 30 days beyond the original booking. Beyond that I would have to pay a fare difference. Is this correct?
Old May 7, 21, 2:50 pm

Agent I spoke to says I can only make a change without penalty until 30 days beyond the original booking. Beyond that I would have to pay a fare difference. Is this correct?
The agent has mentioned the policy for a schedule change, if one of your flights are cancelled ( not operating ) the agent is totally wrong.
HUACA.
dtphonehome likes this.
Old May 7, 21, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

The agent has mentioned the policy for a schedule change, if one of your flights are cancelled ( not operating ) the agent is totally wrong.
HUACA.
Argh. HUCAd and the new agent seemed to know the policy. Problem is that my tickets were upgraded using points and an elite plus voucher, which by now has likely expired. So they can't reissue the upgraded ticket as they would have to cancel the existing ticket, refund the points and vouchers (which will expire immediately), and then rebook (but now my vouchers and points are gone). So they told me to make a request through the website feedback form to allow the vouchers and points used to be extended so I can use them again. Very frustrating that they can't simply change the dates of travel and keep my upgrades in place without going through the refund and reissue process.
Old May 7, 21, 3:13 pm

Argh. HUCAd and the new agent seemed to know the policy. Problem is that my tickets were upgraded using points and an elite plus voucher, which by now has likely expired. So they can't reissue the upgraded ticket as they would have to cancel the existing ticket, refund the points and vouchers (which will expire immediately), and then rebook (but now my vouchers and points are gone). So they told me to make a request through the website feedback form to allow the vouchers and points used to be extended so I can use them again. Very frustrating that they can't simply change the dates of travel and keep my upgrades in place without going through the refund and reissue process.
Yes, the hotline agents don't have power to do those complicated changes.
If you are based near a sales office, I would highly suggest to visit one in person as it's the method that has the best odds to have a successful rebooking.
A web-support form could be a hit or miss depending on the agent and contacting a sales office via phone or e-mail could be painful as some offices do not answer their phones and e-mails.
Old May 7, 21, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the hotline agents don't have power to do those complicated changes.
If you are based near a sales office, I would highly suggest to visit one in person as it's the method that has the best odds to have a successful rebooking.
A web-support form could be a hit or miss depending on the agent and contacting a sales office via phone or e-mail could be painful as some offices do not answer their phones and e-mails.
Thanks. Do you think the airport office can handle this? I'm near JFK. I'd rather not go into NYC if I can avoid it.
Old May 7, 21, 4:08 pm

Thanks. Do you think the airport office can handle this? I'm near JFK. I'd rather not go into NYC if I can avoid it.
The airport city office could handle these cases but just be careful to not to go there 1-3 hours between the TK flight departs over there as they would prioritize the needs of the passengers traveling that day.
Old May 10, 21, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

The airport city office could handle these cases but just be careful to not to go there 1-3 hours between the TK flight departs over there as they would prioritize the needs of the passengers traveling that day.
Went to JFK, well before the evening departure. Waited an hour on line. A very nice ticketing agent kindly tried to make the change, but she told me that there was no way to keep the upgrade attached to the ticket when I change the dates. I told her to go ahead and make the change, refund the points and E+ vouchers to my account, and hopefully they will remain unexpired. As I stood there I saw my account updates with the refunded points, which had been extended to expire June 30th. There were also 2 E+ vouchers in my account (from the refund? Or were they there before? Who knows. I just wanted to use them and not think about it anymore...if those vouchers were from this year they'd probably expire before I could use them on a different trip anyway). I had her process the upgrades on the spot. Used the 2 E+ vouchers for myself, and the soon-to-expire points for my wife.

Thanks for your help, ISTFlyer!
Old May 10, 21, 10:05 pm

Went to JFK, well before the evening departure. Waited an hour on line. A very nice ticketing agent kindly tried to make the change, but she told me that there was no way to keep the upgrade attached to the ticket when I change the dates. I told her to go ahead and make the change, refund the points and E+ vouchers to my account, and hopefully they will remain unexpired. As I stood there I saw my account updates with the refunded points, which had been extended to expire June 30th. There were also 2 E+ vouchers in my account (from the refund? Or were they there before? Who knows. I just wanted to use them and not think about it anymore...if those vouchers were from this year they'd probably expire before I could use them on a different trip anyway). I had her process the upgrades on the spot. Used the 2 E+ vouchers for myself, and the soon-to-expire points for my wife.

Thanks for your help, ISTFlyer!
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
I am glad that I was able to help you

Search this Thread
Search Engine: