Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

how to understand "at most 72 hours" for PCR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to understand "at most 72 hours" for PCR?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
airoli, what I meant was that there will be many European Countries that will accept entry with a PCR Test OR a Vaccination Certificate. Right now, there are 4-5 Countries that accept vaccination Certificates for entry. Soon, there will be more Countries that will be accepting them. Developing Digital Vaccination Passes/Passport that will be universally accepted will take time. My comment was about whether Turkey will start in May accepting Vaccination as a valid entry. Also I am expecting the USA to start accepting a Vaccination Certificate as a valid entry.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork
airoli, what I meant was that there will be many European Countries that will accept entry with a PCR Test OR a Vaccination Certificate.
I understand. And I share your hope. Just not your optimism. But let's not get too off topic
Old Apr 22, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
airoli, what I meant was that there will be many European Countries that will accept entry with a PCR Test OR a Vaccination Certificate. Right now, there are 4-5 Countries that accept vaccination Certificates for entry. Soon, there will be more Countries that will be accepting them. Developing Digital Vaccination Passes/Passport that will be universally accepted will take time. My comment was about whether Turkey will start in May accepting Vaccination as a valid entry. Also I am expecting the USA to start accepting a Vaccination Certificate as a valid entry.
Would you need both shots or can we get by with just 1? I say this because I have had my first shot and my next shot is 4 months time. Hoping they let me in with only 1 shot.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: whatever it takes
just a matter of time before it becomes apparent that vax efficacy rate was faked / engineered. Vax certificates will be meaningless.

and no way vax keep up with variants...because the worst variants (VOC) are caused by vax!
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ramz
Would you need both shots or can we get by with just 1?
You need to be "fully vaccinated" to get a certificate. That means 1 shot of the J&J vaccine or 2 of most others.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
I understand. And I share your hope. Just not your optimism. But let's not get too off topic
Europe just announced that U.S. Citizens will be allowed this Summer with Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate. Hopefully Turkey will do the same
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:16 am

From the NY Times
Ms. von der Leyen did not offer a timeline on when exactly tourist travel might open up or details on how it would occur. But her comments are a top-level statement that the current travel restrictions are set to change on the basis of vaccination certificates.(...) Based on Ms. von der Leyen’s comments, the European Commission will recommend the change in travel policy, though individual member states may reserve the right to keep stricter limits. They might not permit citizens from outside the bloc to visit or might enforce restrictions like quarantines, even on visitors who have vaccination certificates.But countries like Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Croatia that welcome millions of American tourists each summer, and greatly depend on them for income and jobs, are set to jump at the opportunity to reopen to the American tourism market with the E.U.’s blessing.
As mentioned upthread: I believe it when it happens.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Unfortunately, Ursula has been babbling away before, too, and she has no mandate here. Each EU country decides on its own what border restrictions are in place.

I’m from Finland, and our government has the strictest rules in place. Not even business travel from EU countries is allowed without a special permit. And it’s unlikely that this will change anytime soon.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:18 pm

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/tur...wallet/2250099

Turkish Airlines starting to use Digital Health Passport for Vaccination Info and/or PCR Test results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.