Turkish Business Award space from USA

Old Apr 2, 21, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Turkish Business Award space from USA

Have a trip planned to Turkey in late May. Will be my first time flying Turkish. I currently have an award ticket booked that routes through ORD-IST on TK. But I'm looking to change to a date 2 days earlier. From Sunday to a Friday.

Willing to fly from any USA gateway - SFO, IAD, IAH, etc...

I have EF alerts setup....but I've been checking UAL award calendar and see on Fridays it is open reliably for about a month out. Is that normal for TK Business space these days?

In other words, I just need to wait unless my EF alert triggers?

Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 21, 11:10 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Yes, I can’t think of any other advice but to wait to see if anything pops up.

and re: TK award availability: nothing is normal in this day and age, but from my home airport I would have sold my grandma* for award availability every Friday.

*she’s dead, so ymmv
Old Apr 3, 21, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You may not enjoy the process of calling TK and trying to change the award ticket, especially if you are changing departure airport and don't have enough miles to issue a new ticket before cancelling the old.

So be careful what you wish for and be ready for some HUACA to find a competent agent...
Old Apr 3, 21, 7:24 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by EqualOpp View Post
Have a trip planned to Turkey in late May. Will be my first time flying Turkish. I currently have an award ticket booked that routes through ORD-IST on TK. But I'm looking to change to a date 2 days earlier. From Sunday to a Friday.

Willing to fly from any USA gateway - SFO, IAD, IAH, etc...

I have EF alerts setup....but I've been checking UAL award calendar and see on Fridays it is open reliably for about a month out. Is that normal for TK Business space these days?

In other words, I just need to wait unless my EF alert triggers?

Thanks.
Just a warning that award availability might disappear anytime. Also, it was reported back TK are opening last minute limited award space ( about 7-14 days before the flight ) if the loads are not that well but if you have booked through a partner FFP, don't expect it to last long.
Old Apr 3, 21, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever it takes
Thanks for the answers. The tkt is booked through Asiana miles. $30 or so change fee...that's ok. Thanks for the grandma humor.

7-14 days....well I have reservations setup for car/hotel to handle either scenario (Friday or Sunday departure).

Cross my fingers now.

Increased C19 "cases" may help me in this case re: load factors
gr8pirate likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: