777 returns to USA destinations in June

Old Mar 18, 21, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton
777 returns to USA destinations in June

Expert flyer shows seat maps for June flightswill be operated by 777s. Let's hope for the best!
Old Mar 18, 21, 11:49 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Sorry but the June schedule is still a placeholder so everything could change.
Old Mar 19, 21, 7:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ovacikar View Post
Expert flyer shows seat maps for June flightswill be operated by 777s. Let's hope for the best!
777 have been operating some US routes for a while. I can think of IAD and JFK
Old Mar 19, 21, 7:31 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by kq747 View Post
777 have been operating some US routes for a while. I can think of IAD and JFK
ORD (TK5/TK6) has been switching between 789 and 77W since January (mostly 77W now).
Old Mar 19, 21, 7:51 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
ORD (TK5/TK6) has been switching between 789 and 77W since January (mostly 77W now).
yes I noticed that as well
Old Mar 19, 21, 4:55 pm

Do you prefer the 777s with 2-3-2 biz layout to 1-2-1 of the 787s? I like the spaciousness of the 777s. But the layout is not really good...

michaelmorio
Old Mar 19, 21, 10:09 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
My opinion is unqualified as I have yet to fly the new product, but Iím partial to the 777 as long as Iím not in the middle middle seat.

The new product looks much better, but the footwell doesnít.
Old Mar 20, 21, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by michaelmorio View Post
Do you prefer the 777s with 2-3-2 biz layout to 1-2-1 of the 787s? I like the spaciousness of the 777s. But the layout is not really good...

michaelmorio
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
My opinion is unqualified as I have yet to fly the new product, but Iím partial to the 777 as long as Iím not in the middle middle seat.

The new product looks much better, but the footwell doesnít.
Whenever the middle seat is free, the 777 every time! I can't stand the coffins with almost no space for your legs/feet.
Old Mar 20, 21, 8:50 am

I have not flown on the 787 or 350 myself. But I have flown on several variants of the staggered 1-2-1 business class seats. Almost all have issues with footwell size. I am tall (1.98m) and have large feet (Euro size 48). So these seats typically do not work well for me as a flat bed.
Old Mar 25, 21, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; AS Gold; AA Plat
A350 to any US destinations in 2021?

I think TK has already taken delivery of at least 3 A350s and was wondering if they would schedule one to any US destination? Any guesses to which US destination will see the 1st TK A350 in 2021?
Old Mar 25, 21, 2:54 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silver, HH Silver, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by arfaczar View Post
I think TK has already taken delivery of at least 3 A350s and was wondering if they would schedule one to any US destination? Any guesses to which US destination will see the 1st TK A350 in 2021?
Pre-COVID, Los Angeles was scheduled to be the first A350 destination in the USA but for the moment, it's impossible to say something accurate on which US destination would be the first city for the TK A350 to fly. Although, YYZ is the first North American destination that the A350 would serve.
Old Mar 25, 21, 7:21 pm

TK5/TK6 (IST/ORD) show an A350 on both EF and the TK website starting October 31 and through the rest of the schedule.

I know the aircraft on the schedule that far out is meaningless. But it is interesting.
Old Apr 5, 21, 7:47 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Sorry but the June schedule is still a placeholder so everything could change.
How far in advance does TK's schedule go from "placeholder" to "actual schedule"? June is fast approaching, and I have tickets already purchased for the middle and end of that month.
Old Apr 5, 21, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by infrequently View Post
How far in advance does TK's schedule go from "placeholder" to "actual schedule"? June is fast approaching, and I have tickets already purchased for the middle and end of that month.
Usually 6-7 weeks before the start of the month that the schedule would be updated.
For June, most likely, the schedule would be started to be loaded next week.
Old Apr 5, 21, 8:42 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Usually 6-7 weeks before the start of the month that the schedule would be updated.
For June, most likely, the schedule would be started to be loaded next week.
Thank you for your quick reply. Hopefully there will not be any drastic changes to the flights I have booked. I am especially looking forward to TK187, as it arrives in the middle of the day when IAD usually has fewer inbound pax than at other times. If TK makes major scheduling changes, would I be entitled to a full refund if I reject the changes? (I am on the cheapest possible tickets in economy class.)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: