Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 returns to USA destinations in June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by infrequently
OK, I am getting pissed off at TK now... I tried to simply rebook onto the same CGK - IST flight and then the TK 7 one later on that day. When I tried to rebook through the website, I got this message:

I HATE USING THE ****ING PHONE. How can I resolve this without talking with anybody over the phone?
Have you mistakenly pressed any button like the "confirm the changes" button. If you mistakenly did, the system would recognize that you accepted what the system gave you and would ask a fare difference and there is no way back if you did this huge mistake.

If you haven't pressed that button and the website/app doesn't function, then unfortunately you would need to call as the fare difference would need to be manually waived for you. The online change tool does not work for some cases.

By the way, if you have booked through a third party travel agent or an OTA, you would need to contact them.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Have you mistakenly pressed any button like the "confirm the changes" button. If you mistakenly did, the system would recognize that you accepted what the system gave you and would ask a fare difference and there is no way back if you did this huge mistake.

If you haven't pressed that button and the website/app doesn't function, then unfortunately you would need to call as the fare difference would need to be manually waived for you. The online change tool does not work for some cases.

By the way, if you have booked through a third party travel agent or an OTA, you would need to contact them.
Thank you for the quick reply. I booked via the Turkish Airlines website, which is why I expected to be able to manage the necessary changes via the website. I have tried calling the Jakarta office three times now, and it sounds like a human agent is hanging up on me. The menu says to "press 1 for ticketing", (or other options). I press 1, and then I hear the click of the line hanging up.
After the dismal Jakarta phone line experience, I used my mobile carrier's VOIP to call the US number and confirmed my changes that way. I received a rather oddly worded email confirmation, but everything is fine on the ticket itself.

Last edited by infrequently; Apr 18, 2021 at 10:27 pm
Old Apr 19, 2021, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by infrequently
Thank you for the quick reply. I booked via the Turkish Airlines website, which is why I expected to be able to manage the necessary changes via the website. I have tried calling the Jakarta office three times now, and it sounds like a human agent is hanging up on me. The menu says to "press 1 for ticketing", (or other options). I press 1, and then I hear the click of the line hanging up.
After the dismal Jakarta phone line experience, I used my mobile carrier's VOIP to call the US number and confirmed my changes that way. I received a rather oddly worded email confirmation, but everything is fine on the ticket itself.
I'm glad that you were able to figure out your issue.
Handling stuff with TK might be painful on some occasions.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
YYZ going to 6 days/week

I was surprised to get a sched change for YYZ-IST for August cancelling the Sat departure ex YYZ. Showing a 777. Just a data point.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
I was surprised to get a sched change for YYZ-IST for August cancelling the Sat departure ex YYZ. Showing a 777. Just a data point.
Fwiw, I just got a schedule change notice for tk57 in mid-June from CGK to IST... It is only a 5 minute change, but the equipment went from 777 to A350. Of course, they can always make more switches in the next few weeks, but it will be interesting to fly on new metal if the current arrangement sticks
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
I am on TK33 (IST-IAH); set for early July, which was a 777 when I booked, now is 787 (which is what is currently flying). Never flown TK so not sure if a plus or a minus. I guess I will need to consider seats that will require a call to TK cs.

also, per the expert flyer site, (as of now) I hold the only two tickets on this flight! WOW

I too was not notified of a schedule change ( 5 minutes) on TK 731 (MLE-IST) also in early July. I am now thanks to this thread.

Last edited by tex1721; Apr 28, 2021 at 3:29 pm
Old May 24, 2021, 10:08 pm
HAF

TK 80 SFO-IST early September was just changed from 777 to 789 ... not sure if I am happy about this or not. I have spent plenty of hours/days on their 777/333 SFO-IST-JNB CPT-IST-SFO..... I am eager to experience their 789 and it posses an interesting dilemma where to sit while traveling with my spouse. The prior 777 2K 2J was mapped to 2K 2G, and for the time being I am thinking of keeping them - if the change of equipment stays I might change us to middle seats together. So far our IST-ATH is still on 777. I have always wondered how TK can justify to fly 777 to ATH.

--HAF
Old May 25, 2021, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HAF
TK 80 SFO-IST early September was just changed from 777 to 789 ... not sure if I am happy about this or not. I have spent plenty of hours/days on their 777/333 SFO-IST-JNB CPT-IST-SFO..... I am eager to experience their 789 and it posses an interesting dilemma where to sit while traveling with my spouse. The prior 777 2K 2J was mapped to 2K 2G, and for the time being I am thinking of keeping them - if the change of equipment stays I might change us to middle seats together. So far our IST-ATH is still on 777. I have always wondered how TK can justify to fly 777 to ATH.

--HAF
The 777-300ER flight to Athens is between the arrival block of transatlantic arrivals and departures to the Far East so instead of the aircraft sitting at IST for 8 hours, TK uses them on the ATH route, which also allows large freight to be carried to Athens when needed.
Old May 27, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The 777-300ER flight to Athens is between the arrival block of transatlantic arrivals and departures to the Far East so instead of the aircraft sitting at IST for 8 hours, TK uses them on the ATH route, which also allows large freight to be carried to Athens when needed.
I've flown a 77W and A330 from IST-ATH (pre covid) and both were quite full. And it wasn't even summer season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.