Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines playing tricks to avoid refund

Turkish Airlines playing tricks to avoid refund

Old Feb 26, 2021, 3:49 pm

ISTFlyer One more thing, is there a clear source for each airlines where they outsource their ticket desk? Or is that mostly through experience?
Old Feb 26, 2021, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mikegomo
ISTFlyer One more thing, is there a clear source for each airlines where they outsource their ticket desk? Or is that mostly through experience?
There isn't a database or a single link where you could see which airline outsources their hotline agents from which companies.
For Turkish Airlines, I am not sure where or which company they outsource their English speaking agents from but most of their Turkish speaking outsourced agents are outsourced by another Turkish company ( Turkcell Superonline ).
mikegomo likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
After my flight cancellation by turkish airline, the company is asking me to come in person at a sales office to process my refund, but there is no sales office open in Bali, where I live, and traveling is almost impossible at the moment.

Shame on Turkish Airlines.
happened to me as well, just file a dispute with your cc company and you’ll get the money back.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by justsawaufo
happened to me as well, just file a dispute with your cc company and you’ll get the money back.
My ticket is a Miles and Smiles redemption, so i also need the miles refunded.. Plus my cc is issued by a french bank, which don t usually process dispute refunds.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Here some follow up regarding my war with TK trying to get my due refund:

- Step 1: TK call center agent tell me he needs to call me back the next day, never did
- Step 2: other TK call center agent fills a first feedback form for me requesting the refund
- Step 3: TK customer service official answer to first feedback form is "Based on your message we would like to inform you that reissued tickets cannot be refunded via our call center or our official website. In this case, you will have to apply to one of our official Turkish Airlines sales offices in person to complete your transaction accordingly to specific ticket rules you applied"
- Step 4: Tried to call TK sales offices in DPS CGK and Paris during office hours, no number is answering,
- Step 5: send emails to TK sales office in Bali and Jakarta/Indonesia, receive no immediate answer
- Step 6: I call again TK sales office in Bali and can speak to a TK staff, promise me to answer my email
- Step 7: receive by return email instruction from Bali sales office to send a feedback request on TK website mmmm...
- Step 8: i send a new feedback form requesting the refund

Really curious to see if the answer to my second feedback form will be any different from the first...

So to sum up the quality of Turkish Airlines:
their customer service in Istanbul cannot process my refund and ask me to contact a TK sales office to process it, said TK sales office tells me to contact Istanbul customer service to get my refund.
It's pathetic

Last edited by Alfredbali; Feb 27, 2021 at 9:13 am
Old Feb 27, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...

Really curious to see if the answer to my second feedback form will be any different from the first...
Based on my experience, it is sometimes the same like with different phone agents... sometimes just HUCA....

Sending repeated feedback form may help. Also you can indicate there to call you back to the registered number, so you can actually can speak with a 2nd tier agent - has worked for me number of times. Good luck!
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Unsurprisingly here is the official answer from Turkish Airlines customer service to my 2nd refund request:

Based on your request, you can always contact our call centers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

really :@
Old Feb 28, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Unsurprisingly here is the official answer from Turkish Airlines customer service to my 2nd refund request:

Based on your request, you can always contact our call centers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

really :@
Then I would try one more feedback response, indicating your phone number and requesting to call you back as the call center is unable to process the request...
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by kaspars
Then I would try one more feedback response, indicating your phone number and requesting to call you back as the call center is unable to process the request...
Thanks for the suggestion, actually i contacted Turkish Airlines on facebook today and they filed another feedback form request (nr 4 already) for me.
And tomorrow, Monday I plan to call again the sales office in Bali to explain that i m running in circles with TK at the moment... Hopefully at one point one agent will want to really solve the problem.
I m ready to fill tens of feedback forms, send hundreds of emails and spend hours on the phone to get this solved
Old Feb 28, 2021, 9:21 am

Thanks for the suggestion, actually i contacted Turkish Airlines on facebook today and they filed another feedback form request (nr 4 already) for me.
And tomorrow, Monday I plan to call again the sales office in Bali to explain that i m running in circles with TK at the moment... Hopefully at one point one agent will want to really solve the problem.
I m ready to fill tens of feedback forms, send hundreds of emails and spend hours on the phone to get this solved
Hopefully you will have success finally!!!
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaspars
Hopefully you will have success finally!!!
I start to doubt it, seems every department at Turkish Airline is finding a technical excuse to not process the due refund:

Call center Istanbul: because your ticket has been reissued we cannot refund from our system, please contact a Turkish Airlines sales office.

Turkish Airlines sales office (Bali and Jakarta): because your ticket is a miles and smiles redemption ticket we cannot process the refund, please request the refund by feedback form from the website

Website feedback form answer: because your ticket has been reissued we cannot refund from our system, please contact a Turkish Airlines sales office, or please contact our Istanbul call center.

I have written evidence of all this mess, already about 10 phone calls with call center and sales offices, 4 feedback form sent plus several emails and facebook messenger chat.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Mar 1, 2021 at 8:30 am
Old Mar 1, 2021, 11:52 pm
Original Poster

Seems persistence is starting to payoff, although TK Paris sales office didn t even care to answer my email, and Jakarta sales office refused to process my refund, the TK Bali sales office is finally willing to process manually the refund, meaning getting TK Istanbul headquarters approuval first, then hopefully crediting miles and taxes back.
The whole process could take up to 5 weeks, and i ll update with the outcome.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 12:54 am

Seems persistence is starting to payoff, although TK Paris sales office didn t even care to answer my email, and Jakarta sales office refused to process my refund, the TK Bali sales office is finally willing to process manually the refund, meaning getting TK Istanbul headquarters approuval first, then hopefully crediting miles and taxes back.
The whole process could take up to 5 weeks, and i ll update with the outcome.
Nice to know that you have light at the end of the tunnel finally!!!!
Alfredbali and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Miles have been refunded today, seem i ll get my ticket refund completed after all this annoying and time consuming process.
Next step waiting for the tax refund.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 1:54 am

Miles have been refunded today, seem i ll get my ticket refund completed after all this annoying and time consuming process.
Next step waiting for the tax refund.
Great news! The tax amount will probably arrive to your account within next 5 days. Glad this all has been sorted out finally!

PS I would personally be happy staying in Bali these days, instead of returning to Europe
Alfredbali likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.