Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK blocking business seats?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
TK blocking business seats?

Hi, need your help to understand what TK is doing...

More than a month ahead of the flight there is zero business class availability on TK730 for 29 March, and only C3 for TK731 on 4 April, so I can neither upgrade with miles, nor use my upgrade voucher.

Have placed feedback and the agents say they cannot see anything and they cannot do anything, as I asked if they may have some IT error and probably would benefit from some additional sales...

At the same time, for both flights I see at least 7 free seats under Seat Map.

Totally confusing... Any experience or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!See below from EF:
TK 730
03/29/21 IST 1:45 AM MLE

C0 D0 Z0 K0 J0 I0 R0 Y9 B7 M7 A7 H7 S7 O4 E7 Q7 T0 L0 V0 P0 W0 U0 X0 N0 G0
raporot likes this.

Last edited by kaspars; Feb 9, 2021 at 2:26 am Reason: picture not showing
Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
TK has only adjusted their schedule until 27 March 2021.
For 28 March 2021 and onwards, the schedule is a placeholder so TK might zero out those flights in the near future and cancel them.

Also, there is a possibility that the flights are full; the seat maps are not an indicator of the exact loads as not everyone is choosing seats and it could be some travel agents creating dummy reservations to hold availability for their own customers.
triptastic likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
TK has only adjusted their schedule until 27 March 2021.
For 28 March 2021 and onwards, the schedule is a placeholder so TK might zero out those flights in the near future and cancel them.

Also, there is a possibility that the flights are full; the seat maps are not an indicator of the exact loads as not everyone is choosing seats and it could be some travel agents creating dummy reservations to hold availability for their own customers.
Thanks ISTFlyer, very insightful!

Do you think they will clean up the system before 28 March? I got my ticket issued for 28/03 in economy, so would be great to know in advance...
Old Feb 9, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer

The week of Easter going to Maldives -- think this is the most likely explanation. Second busiest week of the year there (full of Europeans) after xmas.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
The week of Easter going to Maldives -- think this is the most likely explanation. Second busiest week of the year there (full of Europeans) after xmas.
well, I have monitored the seat situation for last 10 days, there are no changes: so not sure the agents can keep seats for so long...

But with all the current C19 cases in Europe and additional travel restrictions - call me pessimist but I would not be surprised that the flights will be cancelled by TK, despite the Easter week (exact purpose for my family to go there despite costly Q class fares available)
Old Feb 10, 2021, 7:58 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
IMHO the flight is fully booked in C. As other mentioned it is just before Easter.

Seat map looks like this:

AUTH- 333
0 - IST 1 - MLE
NO SMOKING FLIGHT

A B D E J K
1 . . . . * . 1
2 . . . . . * 2
3 * . * . . * 3
4 . . * * . . 4
5 . . . . 5
A B D E J K
Spoiler

7 seats left unallocated (stars), but not all passengers assign themselves seats in advance...

PS. Pls ignore spoiler - added by mistake - don't know how to remove
Old Feb 10, 2021, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
IMHO the flight is fully booked in C. As other mentioned it is just before Easter.

Seat map looks like this:

Spoiler

7 seats left unallocated (stars), but not all passengers assign themselves seats in advance...

PS. Pls ignore spoiler - added by mistake - don't know how to remove
Thanks TPJ for looking into it indeed!

Still hard to believe they have sold out all C class 6 weeks before ... Would be a dream situation for any airline . I am more inclined towards below ISTFlyer opinion:
Old Mar 1, 2021, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by kaspars
well, I have monitored the seat situation for last 10 days, there are no changes: so not sure the agents can keep seats for so long...

But with all the current C19 cases in Europe and additional travel restrictions - call me pessimist but I would not be surprised that the flights will be cancelled by TK, despite the Easter week (exact purpose for my family to go there despite costly Q class fares available)
Not only is IST-MLE-IST not cancelled Easter week, it looks like it just got an up-gauge to a 77W from an A333.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Not only is IST-MLE-IST not cancelled Easter week, it looks like it just got an up-gauge to a 77W from an A333.
to be more precise: coming back to the aircraft type they use now... Lets see how it goes though: I changed the plans for MLE given the recent rise of C19 cases in Maldives and mandatory 14 days hotel quarantine requirements for contacts.

As per their SOPs close contacts could be, amongst others," in a flight or public transport, anyone sitting within two rows of a COVID-19 patient for >15 minutes and any staff in direct contact", and " If the PCR result of the suspected case is positive (confirmed case of COVID-19), all close contacts should undergo PCR testing for COVID-19 and should be quarantined in the resort for 14 days".
Old Mar 2, 2021, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by kaspars
Still hard to believe they have sold out all C class 6 weeks before ... Would be a dream situation for any airline
Haven't been flying as much lately but whenever I have, it's been on TK and it was always full in business class cabin and, interestingly, a lot more families/children than before (I guess many more people are willing to spend the extra cash and points to get their family some "social distancing" than before). Economy also looked full. My friends also report the same situation on their flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.