FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   40% Off Promo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2032341-40-off-promo.html)

YOW_RTW Jan 12, 2021 12:34 pm

40% Off Promo

I just noticed the following promotion advertised on the TK website home-page. No further details are posted yet.

Coming soon:

Explore the world with a 40% discount.

If you’re looking forward to seeing loved ones, enjoying a vacation or even just experiencing the sweet rush of the airport again, Turkish Airlines has good news for you! Purchase your ticket from January 13 with a 40% discount and explore the world! The campaign is valid for travel between April 1 and December 31, 2021.

ISTFlyer Jan 12, 2021 12:59 pm

The promo would be revealed midnight Turkey time ( GMT +3 )

ISTFlyer Jan 12, 2021 2:08 pm

The promo has been revealed.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...e-whole-world/

Campaign details Ticketing period January 13-14-15, 2021
Travel period April 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021

Terms and conditions

• The campaign is valid for tickets issued between January 13, 2021 – January 15, 2021 with travel dates between April 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021.
  • The campaign is valid on one-way or round-trip flights in Economy and Business Class.
  • The campaign is valid for all Turkish Airlines’ flight networks except domestic flights and flights to/from mainland China (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Xi’an).
  • The discount rate within the scope of the campaign is 40% and applied on base fare. Airport taxes, service charges, and fuel charges are not included in the discount.
  • Tickets subject to this special offer can be issued through Turkish Airlines call center, online channels, sales offices and authorized agencies.
  • In case of reissue, zero change fee rights apply.
  • In case of cancellation or refund fare class rules and conditions apply.
  • Ticketing and traveling periods start and end according to the local time in Turkey.
  • Ticket prices may change subject to daily exchange rate fluctuations.
  • The related campaign is only valid on scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines. It is not valid on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights, Star Alliance partner airline flights and AnadoluJet flights.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal action against the related parties found to have contravened any rules.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change terms and conditions, definitions and other information pertaining to the special offer and to cancel the offer at any time.

Snraek Jan 12, 2021 10:10 pm

Hi !
Anyone knows if it's only for flights departing for Istanbul ?

Been checking flights from KBP but the fares are the same than last week ?

BobFF68 Jan 12, 2021 10:22 pm

Yes, just quoted 3158 EUR for a family of 3 in J CGK-MXP return next June that is definitely a bargain. Still nobody knows if we will be able to fly by the time but for such a good deal I'm tempted to take the risk, not sure if in case we are forced to reschedule to end of 2021 fare differences to be charged or not.

poromenos Jan 12, 2021 11:43 pm

Anyone having a more detailed view on their current cancelation policy than this page? Something like QR's agent pdf?

I assume fare difference will be charged for any changes, surely?

edit: I found this page which does have more info

• The right to Zero Change Fee is for one time only.
  • Within the scope of the right to Change to Open Ticket, the current ticket should be cancelled before the hour of flight.
  • Reservation cancellations made in order to change the ticket to an open ticket must be performed via the Turkish Airlines call center, sales offices or the agencies from which the ticket was purchased.
  • For transactions for Zero Change Fee and Change to Open Ticket rights, please contact our call center or sales offices.
  • Open tickets can be ticketed only once more without paying an additional fee.
  • You will not be charged penalties or fare differences when you ticketing your open ticket, or when you benefit from Zero Change Fee, provided your new ticket is in the same fare class.

So if you choose to convert to Open ticket, fare class doesn't matter (as long as rebooked to same class ie economy/business) ?

SFOTraveler1984 Jan 13, 2021 12:21 am

I am also tempted to book this...
If I understand correctly, in case of a schedule change you can change the flight within -7/+30 days or convert to an open ticket and use later on the same route/within the same region. Is that correct?

Gnopps Jan 13, 2021 1:31 am

Seems to be ex some countries only. For example from AMS you can see that base fares have decreased. From HEL they have not decreased (at least on the routes I checked).

ISTFlyer Jan 13, 2021 2:50 am

Originally Posted by poromenos (Post 32963958)
Anyone having a more detailed view on their current cancelation policy than this page? Something like QR's agent pdf?

I assume fare difference will be charged for any changes, surely?

edit: I found this page which does have more info

So if you choose to convert to Open ticket, fare class doesn't matter (as long as rebooked to same class ie economy/business) ?

The second link is broken so I'll share it for you and you missed the part that to benefit from the one-time free change you need to book your ticket before 20 March 2020. TK currently does not offer any kind of free voluntary changes without waiving the fare difference for tickets booked after that date and only the change fee is waived.

poppyz Jan 13, 2021 6:16 am

was looking at a route but its upto 30th november,i was looking to travel December can i book and amend to travel then ?

and what about changing the departure airport from say amsterdam to manchester?

booking terms

ISTFlyer Jan 13, 2021 6:56 am

Originally Posted by poppyz (Post 32964415)
was looking at a route but its upto 30th november,i was looking to travel December can i book and amend to travel then ?

and what about changing the departure airport from say amsterdam to manchester?

booking terms

In any voluntary change, you would need to pay the fare difference which would not include the 40% discount if you rebook after 15 January.
Also, you would be able to change the destination if you pay the fare difference.

If there is an involuntary change, the normal involuntary change policy would apply which you could rebook within -7/+30 days into any flight in the same cabin and you would be able to change your destination for free if they are in the same region ( AMS & MAN are )

thyeri Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am

I'm trying to understand the rules. First time booking TK and the promo rules are not 100% clear to me.

If I book DPS-IST-YUL for April and they cancel the first leg (most likely), I expect to be protected with Garuda via CGK.
What are my choices then?

SK AAR Jan 13, 2021 10:21 am

Originally Posted by thyeri (Post 32965056)
If I book DPS-IST-YUL for April and they cancel the first leg (most likely), I expect to be protected with Garuda via CGK.

Extremely unlikely to rebooked OAL. You would need to wait until the route become operational again; choose a different origin/destination (CGK) or accept a full refund.

Lucky for you dom. flights in Indonesia are not expensive, so not the end of the world if you need purchase DPS-CGK on your own.

thyeri Jan 13, 2021 10:52 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 32965076)
Extremely unlikely to rebooked OAL. You would need to wait until the route become operational again; choose a different origin/destination (CGK) or accept a full refund.

Lucky for you dom. flights in Indonesia are not expensive, so not the end of the world if you need purchase DPS-CGK on your own.

I'm looking for flexibility in case of sked change. Full refund is 100% cash, no voucher right? Do you know the exact rule? Any sked change, sked change above 4h,...

ISTFlyer Jan 13, 2021 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by thyeri (Post 32965056)
I'm trying to understand the rules. First time booking TK and the promo rules are not 100% clear to me.

Originally Posted by thyeri (Post 32965173)
I'm looking for flexibility in case of sked change. Full refund is 100% cash, no voucher right? Do you know the exact rule? Any sked change, sked change above 4h,...

If TK cancels your flights or changes the schedule more than 15 minutes, you are entitled to a full refund ( cash, miles, or voucher -> You choose it ), a date change within -7/+30 days without paying a fare difference, a change of destination in the same region without fare difference.

However, a reminder that if you want to cancel voluntarily ( on your own will ), your cash refund would be with the cancellation penalty indicated on your ticket, or you could convert it to an open ticket and rebook the ticket for a future date without paying a fee.

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 32965076)

As ​​​SK AAR mentioned in this post, TK would not rebook you to another airline unless the change is made at least 15 days before the flight and there is no TK alternative. Also, to rebook yourself on another airline you would need to contact a sales office and it's not possible to rebook yourself to another airline via the TK hotline.

If your flight does cancel outside of the 15-day limit, TK would not be rebooking you to another airline and you would have the option to change your origin to CGK and pay for the domestic flights with your own money if the DPS flights do not operate.