Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

help: turkish airlines ignored united ticket 1st bag, charged me $115!

help: turkish airlines ignored united ticket 1st bag, charged me $115!

Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA P, Kimpton In-Touch Elite
Originally Posted by serpens
This thread was a shock, so I tried to check my United award flight (016 ticket) on Turkish Airlines. The Turkish web site said it couldn't help me; the Turkish app says 0 kg checked luggage.

The United confirmation email says I'm in Business (I) ATH-IST-ORD and zero charge for first and second 70 pound bags, but then says "checked baggage policies for your entire itinerary are determined by Turkish Airlines."

At the Turkish free baggage calculator, with my legs, date, and cabin, under Checked Baggage, two pieces of luggage are shown (30 kg for the first leg and 32 kg for the second leg; the lighter restriction on the first leg is not a concern), but nowhere do I find a statement that two pieces are included. (There is a checkbox for Codeshare Flight, and I assume that would apply if I had a TK ticket on some other airline but not if I have a UA ticket on TK, although it doesn't seem to make any difference. Please correct me if I misinterpreted that.)

Since the second leg ends at O'Hare, would US DOT have jurisdiction if TK charged me in Athens?

My flight is a few months in the future. Please advise me.

How did your flight work out? Im in the same boat (but opposite itinerary ORD-IST-ATH)
Helios99 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 2:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingV
How did your flight work out? Im in the same boat (but opposite itinerary ORD-IST-ATH)
For reasons unrelated to the Turkish baggage situation, I needed to cancel the flight. But I might try again; please post how your flight works. Good luck.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:24 pm

How did this work out for you? I have the same issue!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.